Monday, June 23, 2014

im try to get pregnant is it safe to continue my asthma med?




rylee'smom


i have not been back to the doctor to tell her we are trying now but im worried if i get pregnant this month is my asthma med gonna affect the baby? im on asthmanex and allegra everyday and preventile when needed? if they hurt the baby what am i gonna do my asthma is getting worse since we moved to san diego?


Answer
you need to call your dr. my daughter is pregnant and has asthma her doctor said all she wants her to take is zyrtec and albuterol inhaler. good luck and get your flu shot.

Has anyone tried the Rite Aid Cetirizine for allergies? Its supposed to be like Zyrtec.?




kc


Does it make you drowsy? I need it but I wont take it if it makes me drowsy


Answer
Cetirizine is the generic for Zyrtec (meaning made by different company but contains the same medication (other ingredients and processing of the drug may be different). When Zyrtec became over the counter and it was allowed for other companies to manufacture the drug, store brands of cetirizine came out. It can make you drowsy; read the label carefully. There are various versions - a -D and for different hours of relief.

I used to take Zyrtec, for several years (stopped in 2003 when I was pregnant with my son). It worked great at first but lost efficacy over time for me. I have tons of food allergies and other (dust etc) but I just avoid instead of taking drugs since I can.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: im try to get pregnant is it safe to continue my asthma med?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment