Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pregnant with Second Child and not excited?




Regina


I'm 23 years old. I just had a baby via emergency c section almost 5 months ago. I found out I'm pregnant again (contraceptive method failed) and for some reason I don't feel the excitement I felt with my first pregnancy. I look at my son and I feel guilty because he is just a baby and he still needs my whole attention. My husband and I don't believe in abortion so I'm going to have the second baby, but i just don't know how to make my self feel better.


Answer
I completely know how you feel. I have three kids. My toddler had just turned 1 when I found out I was pregnant again. Seems like good enough space but I wasn't ready to be pregnant again. I'd just gotten my middle baby girl off the bottle. I felt just like you. She was still so young and it wasn't fair to her that another baby was going to come in and steal her spotlight. I thought I didn't care the first part of my pregnancy. I contemplated abortion though like you, my husband and I didn't believe in it. I ultimately decided to keep the baby but was sad cause I really wasn't excited. Then, I got a scare that made me realize that I did care. So much. They thought my baby could have down sydrome. I had an amnio and went through such an incredibly stressful ordeal. Was faced with the what ifs. What will I do if she has downs. My kids now know I'm pregnant, how will I explain why I'm not pregnant anymore if I chose to terminate the pregnancy. Then, if I chose to keep the baby, how would that change the dyanamic of my family's life. When the test came back that my baby was normal with no problems, I realized just how much I loved and wanted her. She didnt' ask to come here. God does everything in his timing. My baby is almost 1 now. Few more months. She's 9 months. She's the light of my life. Beautiful little me. Smile that is amazing. I wouldnt' change anything. I love watching her and my toddler get close. They love eachother. Laughing and playing together. And I realize that this was all a blessing in disguise. They will be best friends adn do everything together. It's wonderful. I'm blessed and I thank God for giving me my children. All of them. You will too.

Second hand smoke and pregnant?




Erica


Since I was 3 months pregnant I have been living in a house with a smoker. He only smokes in one room, but my room is across the hall and sometimes I can smell it in here. I usually put a rug in front of the door so smoke does not come in from underneath... will this little of second hand smoke harm my baby?


Answer
It literally floors me what kind of idiotic ideas people will believe. - Honestly, I wish sometimes secondhand smoke did kill, so all you self-obsessed freak jobs would die off and leave the smokers alone.

------------- The Largest study on Second Hand Smoke ever done by Enstrom
http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/326/7398/1057
âNo significant associations were found for current or former exposure to environmental tobacco smoke before or after adjusting for seven confounders and before or after excluding participants with pre-existing disease. No significant associations were found during the shorter follow up periods of 1960-5, 1966-72, 1973-85, and 1973-98.â

âEnstrom has defended the accuracy of his study against what he terms âillegitimate criticism by those who have attempted to suppress and discredit it.â". (Wikipedia)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2164936/?tool=pmcentrez

------ Court rules that environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) is NOT a Class A carcinogen
http://www.tobacco.org/Documents/980717osteen.html
âThere is evidence in the record supporting the accusation that EPA âcherry pickedâ its dataâ ⦠âEPA's excluding nearly half of the available studies directly conflicts with EPA's purported purpose for analyzing the epidemiological studies and conflicts with EPA's Risk Assessment Guidelinesâ (p. 72)

-------- OSHA will NOT regulate something thatâs NOT hazardous
http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=INTERPRETATIONS&p_id=24602
âAir contaminants, limits employee exposure to several of the main chemical components found in tobacco smoke. In normal situations, exposures would not exceed these permissible exposure limits (PELs), and, as a matter of prosecutorial discretion, OSHA will not apply the General Duty Clause to ETS.â

Study about health & Smoking Bans â The National Bureau of Economic Research
http://www.nber.org/papers/w14790
âWorkplace bans are not associated with statistically significant short-term declines in mortality or hospital admissions for myocardial infarction or other diseases.â

http://www.cigarmony.com/downloads/smoking%201440.pdf
âConclusions: Our results indicate no association between childhood exposure to ETS(environmental tobacco smoke) and lung cancer risk.â

Showtime television, "How the EPA, CDC, Lung Association, and etc." support their claims.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGApkbcaZK4




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Pregnant with Second Child and not excited?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment