Friday, November 29, 2013

How great of a gift is a Diaper Cake & would you buy one?

making baby's 1st birthday cake on TINKERBELL AND FRIENDS 1ST BIRTHDAY CAKE
making baby's 1st birthday cake image
Q. I started making Diaper Cakes for my baby shower March of 2009 & had a blast with it.. since then I have made Diaper Cakes for not only baby showers, but also babies 1st Holidays & Birthdays.. Would you buy a Diaper Cake for a baby's 1st holiday or birthday? if so what's the most you would spend on a Diaper Cake?


Answer
I love diaper cakes and received one with my first baby for my baby shower. My aunt made it herself so she only bought the diapers. They now have kits that show how to make your own! :) I personally loved the diaper cake because of the way the diapers were rolled up. I could stash extras in the car and diaper bag and it didn't take up much room. It is a great gift to receive. With that being said, I would buy one for someone but wouldn't spend anymore than about $50-$75. :)

How did you celebrate your kids 1st birthday?




Maximillia


My baby boy's 1st birthday is coming up, and I need good advice for a celebration party! Also, as I don't want to make him a cake containing sugar, I need advice on what to give him instead. It's not like I'm never gonna give him sugar, I just can't see the point in giving him sugar as a reward.


Answer
Hi Maximillian. I'm Brenda, the Community Manager for Yahoo Shine and the mother of twin boys who just turned 3. :) Angel's answer sounds like so much fun but if money is a concern, a park with a big grass area will also do in a pinch! Most 1-year olds are barely (if) walking so have plenty of blankets for them to crawl/lie/scoot around. Another idea is to host the party at your house and use your son's current love of Elmo, or trains, or fire trucks as your party theme. We had a storybook party for my sons' first birthday. Everyone brought their favorite book and we read aloud and sang nursery rhymes.
One idea for a cake with no sugar is "Baby's 1st Smash Cake" sometimes known as a "Banana Smash Cake" Another idea I love is to substitute the cake for a huge rainbow -- use different fruits for each color of the rainbow.
Me and my twin mom friends find it wise to host our birthday parties from 10 - Noon so the afternoon stays free for a much-needed nap (your little one will likely go down quickly from all the excitement). Lastly, don't stress and enjoy yourself. Best of luck!
Banana Smash Cake recipe:
http://www.ourhavenhill.com/2012/06/05/recipe-healthy-smash-cake-for-babys-1st-birthday/
Here's another recipe for Baby's 1st Smash Cake:
http://www.fitmamarealfood.com/babys-first-smash-cake-healthy-no-sugar-banana-cake/
You can see the fruit rainbow and get party ideas here:
http://www.rookiemoms.com/first-birthday-party-ideas/
Important tips on throwing a 1st birthday party:
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/9-things-know-throwing-1st-birthday-party-180800626.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How great of a gift is a Diaper Cake & would you buy one?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment