Saturday, November 30, 2013

How long does it take for a severe allergic reaction to go away on its own?

get pregnant 35 on ... pregnancy over 35 years, pregnancy later in life, tips for getting
get pregnant 35 image
Q. Okay well I have had the hives and swelling for three days and the swelling is getting a little worse each day. It hurts to walk and now my hands feel really tight. I have been to the doctor about this already, my OBGYN actually, and they can't do much since I'm pregnant. I cant see a regular doctor until I am not pregnant. I have been taking Benadryl every 6 hrs which is safe for me to take, plus using hydrocortizone cream like my OBGYN suggested. I have been taking baths to relieve the swelling and help with the itch of hives. The benadryl is progressively getting less and less effective and the hydrocortizone cream only helps with the itching and the hives, but not the swelling. I don't know what else to do. My OB said if it doesnt get better in 48 hrs then I should call them back. She suggested putting me on a steroid medication which I am really against. I'm 8 months pregnant (35 weeks and 5 days). What else should I try in the meantime? The swelling is really getting to me, plus the itching is becoming unbearable and I have my baby shower to go to this weekend! :(


Answer
What are you reacting to? If your reaction is worsening it won't resolve, it can end ultimately by leading to anaphylaxis and could kill you.

I can see being against steroids, but it would proably be safer than continuing a progressing reaction.

Why do pregnant women who are 35+ have a higher risk of miscarriage?




Saver


As I understand, a miscarriage is when a woman falls or otherwise hurts herself and kills her baby. So are pregnant women 35+ somehow more clumsier than younger women?
Serious answers only please.



Answer
That's not the only reason for a miscarriage, a miscarriage can happen when there is something wrong with the foetus early on in pregnancy or with the womb or with the placenta - there are plenty of reasons.
However, the reason older women are at a greater risk is because her eggs are older and her partners sperm is older (assuming he is in his 30s too), also, women of this age generally have had far more x-rays than younger woman and Research has proven a link between having had x-rays and miscarriages. 35 is not that old but the risks are generally higher the older you get.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long does it take for a severe allergic reaction to go away on its own?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment