Saturday, March 22, 2014

can skipping white birth control pills help with getting pregnant?




momofasass


I'm going to start IVFsoon. Dr. put me on birth control pills. When I called to schedule Hysteroscopy
the nurse told me to skip white pills to avoid getting my period. Hubby and I are having unprotected sex. Can I get pregnant? This is my first month. Now What?



Answer
No, you can't get pregnant while on birth control. I assume your doctor had a good reason to put you on them, since you will be starting IVF soon, but while you are on the pill you can't get pregnant. That is how it works.

The nurse was just giving you a friendly tip: getting your period while on birth control is just a way to mimic a natural cycle, it has no other function. There is no medical reason to get your period while on birth control. So you might as well NOT get your period. It's only a nuisance. And if you skip the white pills, you won't have to deal with that nuisance.

Birth control questions. What is the risk of getting pregnant while on low-dose birth control?




xc


Hi, I have a few questions I really need answers for.
I am currently on my first pack of low dose birth control pills. I am aware that it takes a full pack to become effective, so I've been using back-up methods such as condoms. After this week, I will be on my second pack of birth control. I have religiously taken the pill around 9pm every night, but I switched the times I took the pill ONCE. I took it at 5pm for the first few days, then I started taking it at 9pm after that for the rest of the month, not switching times again. Is that okay?

Questions:
Once I've started my 2nd pack of birth control, I would like to be able to have unprotected sex, but I don't want to get pregnant. How can I have unprotected sex while on the low dose pill, and make sure I don't get pregnant? I'm always afraid that the pill alone will not be enough.

Please help me! I need advice and tips for this!



Answer
Whenever you change the time you take a pill, miss a pill and have to take two, or just completely miss a pill and not take two to make up for it you should use a back uo form of birth control, like condom, for the next 7 days. If you ever miss more than one pill you need to use a back up form of birth control for 30 days. If you continue taking it religiously and on time every time you will be fine. Just remember if anything goes wrong with your pill to use a back up birth control! :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can skipping white birth control pills help with getting pregnant?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment