Monday, March 17, 2014

Did anyone out there get pregnant while taking Glyciphage? I have pcos?




Lisa


I have an appointment with the gyno in 6 weeks time. My last appointment she sent me for a blood test to confirm I have the pcos. But a few months before that at my vaginal scan the nurse said i have classic pcos (my cysts are 14mm). Once the cysts are over 9mm they are classed as polycystic.

The last appointment i had with her she said that if the blood tests come back saying i have pcos then she may put me on metformin tablets to regularise insulin levels. But i can't wait 6 weeks, i want to concieve as soon as poss. I have seen 100 Glyciphage tablets on the internet from a reputable company. The pills have good reviews. Any advice you can offer me?

Any tips on getting pregnant with pcos? What pills did you use?

Thanks



Answer
Many women with PCOS get pregnant using Glucaphage or Metformin. I had to take Clomid so that I would Ovulate though. Just call your doctor and asked for her to call you in the prescription.

Any tips for TTC while having PCOS?




JuStLoVeLy


Hi
I have pcos and have had it for a year now. I went to the doctor back in the beginning of oct and he put me on a low glycemic diet and i lost around 8 lbs. Well I haven't had a period since june up until october 28 i started one and it lasted for two weeks so it ended on nov 12. My husband and i have sex pretty often cause we want to have a baby but know that it is not likely right now with the pcos.Anyway i have not figured out my cycles yet but i did spot a little on nov 19 and I am spotting a little today (I am hoping this will be a normal period). Both times it has been light brown. I guess what I am asking is do yall have any tips on how to conceive on Pcos or ideas on how what i can use or eat to lose more weight to help the pcos? Ido drink a meal Replacement protein shake in the mornings for breakfast. I really want to conceive by June of 2012. Any advice is really appreciated!
Thanks and God Bless.



Answer
Lets see...

First the spotting can be implantation bleeding so definitely take that early pregnancy test.

Step One: See a doctor called a "Reproductive Endocrinologist.' Don't see a OB/GYN or a family doctor. Tell them you need to have a period because it's been more than three months. Then start a plan to help address your INSULIN RESISTANCE. Pcos is a syndrome that is linked to the insulin in your body and the reproductive effects are just side effects of the greater problem.

Step Two: Untill you have normal periods you cannot get pregnant. Your body is not making the healthy rich lining for a fertilized egg or making that egg to even get fertilized. So you need to start having regular periods again.

Step Three: Organize a plan of action; you need to get healthy. Try looking at www.pcos.insulite.com and soulcysters.org. Both pages details not only a supplement system that can help your body towards fertility but a diet and exercise plan. You are going to have to adopt a low sugar low carb diet to have a baby. You are also going to have exercise and possibly loose weight to help get some of the stress off your systems. (Mind you weight is just a symptom of PCOS NOT a cause. Loosing weight both helps you get better and is a sign you are getting better.)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Did anyone out there get pregnant while taking Glyciphage? I have pcos?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment