Friday, March 21, 2014

How many of you with PCOS got pregnant naturally&quickly?




Liisa


?


Answer
ME!!!! I was told by Dr.s I would need fertility treatments. I didn't feel like this was God's will for my family. I was taking 2000 mg of metformin for my pcos and I got pregnant with no fertility med within 7 months. Praise the Lord! It is very possible. I think sometimes Dr's jump the gun and give fertility meds way to soon. I am living proof it is possible. I conceived my 3 year old son with no meds and I am 17 weeks with baby #2. Best Wishes.

Once the pregnant belly grows,how often will it continue to grow?




�`�.





Answer
Weight gain - and consequently the belly's growth - varies a great deal from woman to woman. It will depend partially on your genetics (what your body wants to do naturally based on the characteristics you inherited from your parents - in this case, especially your mom) and partially on your diet and exercise both during and before pregnancy (for example, if you worked out a lot before you got pregnant, you may gain weight more slowly because you're already in pretty good shape). Additionally, if you are overweight to start, you may gain less.

Most commonly, the woman will gain between 3 - 8 pounds their first trimester. This tiny gain often barely shows, though by month three your jeans may be getting a little tight. However, it isn't uncommon to actually lose weight the first trimester because of morning sickness... and some gain quite a bit very quickly (a friend of mine gained 15 pounds by the end of month 3).

During the second trimester in general you will gain more quickly - most women seem to put on an additional 10 to 20 pounds their second trimester. By the end of month six, even the smallest woman is usually showing some belly. Some women look like they're ready to burst... and others you can barely tell they're pregnant. I had another friend who put on almost nothing during trimesters one and two... then put on 60 pounds during the third trimester (she lost it all afterwards).

The third trimester - there's no denying that the baby - and the belly - are present. Weight gain is especially fast during months seven and eight, because they baby is growing so quickly. Your weight gain and belly growth usually slows down and sometimes stops by month nine. Some women actually lose a couple pounds that ninth month - though how that happens, I'm not sure, since baby keeps growing until you deliver. If you didn't gain a lot during your first and second trimesters, there will be no avoiding it now. It will become awkward and uncomfortable. In general, weight put on the third trimester is usually (not always) easier to take off than weight gained early on.

I think the most important thing to remember about weight gain and belly growth during pregnancy is that there is no magical formula - it might sound cliche, but every woman will do it differently! My recommendation if your concerned about how big your stomach will get is to remember that you should not eat for two people. Eat when you're hungry (not because you feel entitled to eat), and try to choose healthy options (for example, eat a banana or some yogurt when you're feeling snack-y instead of a bag of Doritos or chips). Drink a lot of water, and cut down on the soda. You don't have to cut out junk food entirely, but limit your consumption (go to Dairy Queen and get an ice cream cone once a week instead of a brownie sundae every night). Limit your fried foods. Park a little further away from the store so you get some extra walking in.

For me, that's worked so far - I've put on about 20 pounds at week 37 without a whole lot of strenuous exercise (though I did work out a lot before I got pregnant, I stopped running at around week six because of morning sickness) - but my story is just that - my story. Everyone's different. As mentioned earlier, some people put on a whole lot of weight only to drop it all quickly. I've also heard stories about people that put on 20 pounds and can't seem to lose the last ten. Assuming you're pregnant, good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many of you with PCOS got pregnant naturally&quickly?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment