Thursday, June 19, 2014

Getting pregnant with PCOS and ovarian cysts?




blue flowe


I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago. I only have two symptoms of PCOS which are irregular periods and mini ovarian cysts. I recently read a research journal and it was based on the medicines Inositol, Melatonin, and folic acid and it has been proven to help women with PCOS ttc. My husband and I tried for 6 months and the stress of not being pregnant depressed me I just got back on the pill. So I am asking how do I know when I am ovulating seeing that I have irregular periods and should I go on with the medicines from the clinical trials? Are there any tips you have on getting pregnant with ovarian cysts or other problems? Your advice is much appreciated.


Answer
Cycle charting can show whether and when you're ovulating or not. If you're ovulating on your own, your doctor may just prescribe Metformin to reduce risk of early miscarriage. If you're not ovulating on your own, your doctor may prescribe Clomid. Cycle charting won't work while you're on BC, of course, though. After you quit BC, realize that it can sometimes take a while for your body to return to its normal pattern. Some women do go back to near-normal immediately (60%). For others, it can take a year or more (less than 10%, but still plenty). It's actually entirely possible that 6 months the first time wasn't long enough for your body to get back to normal. It's hard to tell whether to blame PCOS or BC for any cycle difficulties you have right after you quit it.

Can an ovarian cyst cause me not to get pregnant?




MGrnl


I am 22 years old, My boyfriend and I want to get married and have a baby. I recently found out I have a large cyst on one of my ovaries. I have always had an irregular period, but it's always come. Could the cyst be why I haven't gotten pregnant yet??


Answer
Not if your other ovary is alright. Like numerous parts of the human anatomy ... such as the brain, if one side fails ... the other part/one takes on the work for the both of them. Therefore, itâs not necessarily true ... that you would only ovulate every other month. You can, and may, ovulate each and every month.

I tried to conceive for 10 years. I had a tipped uterus, as well as my uterus being "spongy" and twice it's normal size. I had pelvic adhesions, which had twisted my fallopian tubes around ... and bound them to my bowel. I also had cysts on both of my ovaries ... the one on my right ovary turned out to be a dermoid cyst ... which had burst and hemorrhaged, so my OB/GYN had to remove it.

Now ... going by all of this, you wouldn't think it was possible for a pregnancy to occur right? Wrong ... my period was late one month, so I did a HPT ... I couldn't believe my eyes!! I gave birth to a very healthy 8lb 5 oz baby boy. Now, wait a minute ... not done yet ... lol. After his birth the doc gave me birth control pills, and after reading the possible side effects ... I chickened-out and didn't take them. Well ... ONE month later ... PREGNANT again!! I gave birth to a beautiful 7lb 11oz baby boy. My sons are not quite a year apart ... in fact, they're the same age for 9 days.

So, as you can see ... you're soooo still able to get pregnant. Don't fret ... just go with the flow, and when the time is right ... you will be a mommy.

I know how you feel hun, and I wish you all the best ......

BTW: Welcome to Y!A !!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Getting pregnant with PCOS and ovarian cysts?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment