Sunday, June 15, 2014

Starting 6 month old on baby food?




Cortnie


I didn't know anything about baby food like how much should I give them and what food stage. ANYWAYS when my daughter turned 6 months I started her on baby food. But I did the 2nd food stage. I never did the 1st food stage I really didn't know anything about the stages. So I started on on the 2nd food stage and she's doin fine and she loves it. But should I have started her on the 1st food stage instead of 2nd? Or is it okay bc she's doin fine on it?


Answer
Usually the difference is two things:
First, the second stage jars are bigger - so possibly more "waste," but there's nothing wrong with that.
Second, the second stage jars are usually multiple ingredients. It is best to introduce one single food at a time and wait a few days to see if an allergy develops. But if she's fine, then she's not having any allergy trouble, so don't worry about it!

As far as how much to give her, just as much as she wants. At first, they will only take a couple of spoonfuls. Baby food is more about helping her get used to flavors and practicing what it is like to eat. They are still getting their nutrition from milk/formula until a year old. So just whatever she feels like is fine. You can also mash up your own food. Purchased baby food is just for convenience, there's nothing in it that makes it better.

My 6 month old wont eat baby food.?




Casie M


For a while now I have been trying to get him to eat baby food off a spoon. I have tried all the fruits and vegitables but when the spoon goes in his mouth he shows a grossed out face and spits it all out until i give up. Sometimes he actually gags from the taste. Has anyone else had this problem. They only way he will eat it is if I put it in his bottle and use the slitted nipple so he doesnt get taste it at all. I want to get him away from that but its the only way he will eat it.
Really, why am I not supposed to put solids in a bottle? I have never heard that but I'm glad someone had warned me, now im just interested in why.....so if you know please let me know.



Answer
my son does that with peas, green beans, spinach, and baby meats. (all baby foods, of course)

i am sorry you're going through this, i know it's frustrating because you really want to feed him.

you have to try every day. every single day. two or three times. but dont force it. try one or two spoons, if he's not interested, then stop for that session.
but keep trying.

babies are ready for foods at different ages. my sons 'girlfriend' had 4 teeth by the time she was 4 months old, her peds doc told her mom to start with the cereal at 3.5 months. he said some babies are ready before others. my son, who had the same doctor, didn't get the food/cereal go ahead until 6 months.

all babies eat food. eventually. you need to keep trying.
dont give up.

are you giving him rice cereal? or barley cereal? oatmeal? any sort of baby cearl/food in a box that you mix with formula or breastmilk?
Does he take that?
if he does take that, then mix in a tiny bit of baby food into the cereal, just enough to turn it a color of the food.
then- introduce foods that way. eventually add more and more of the baby food into the cereal. try the food on its own ater that.

if you haven't tried baby cereal, that really is the best way to start introduction of foods. both on a taste level, and on a health level.

try that, it should work. and btw. baby cereal (which is boxed, you mix it with brest milk) is very cheap, i think it's less than two or three dollars a box.

and even after your baby eats real baby food, cereal is still very nutritious and good for baby. so if he has tried it, still try mixing it with baby food.

sorry so long... but it will work! i did this with my son with the greens and baby meats, and it eventually worked... but i had to try a few times.
they say it takes babies at least 15 times to decide if they like it or not...


some babies take longer... simply by reflex. eventually he'll learn how to eat. make sure you feed him the greens first, then veggies, then after everything else, fruits... so that he doesnt like sweet tastey things way more and prefer them over nutrition and variety.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Starting 6 month old on baby food?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment