Sunday, March 30, 2014

advice for getting pregnant after using Depo-Provera?




Ayesha


having used Depo-Provera for the past 10 years, my last shot was in feb 2007, and ran out early july. ive heard it can take 1-2 years to become pregnant... is there any medical methods or such to 'encourage' the menstural cycle to return and be able to conceive sooner?


Answer
I love answering this question... so at age 15 when I started having sex, wonderful Kaiser suggested the DEPO shot because I wouldn't have to remember anything and they would send me the reminder card in the mail every 3 months to go get a new shot. I took the shot for about 2 years. On time religiously never got pregnant. Yes I had a steady BF!

So I then turned 18 and was with my long term BF and we decided to start trying to conceive... well after 4.5 years I was unable to become pregnant.

We broke it off when I ws 22.. I started seeing my "friend with benefits" knowing I was very messed up in the fertility department we brushed it off like nothing...

So here I am now 25 (barley) and we found out we were pregnant the first week of May.... so it took me almost 8 years to conceive... I did end up miscarrying but that was due to other reasons. I refused surgery so they (planned parenthood) gave me RU-486 to finish the process.

I do not believe that DEPO is the way to go, I tell all my friends stick with a pill if its that serious... and use a condom if your sketch about the pills....

So once again, yes I had issues. I have yet to meet someone who actually had their periods normally right after not taking the shot... and yet to meet a person that conceived after getting off the shot.

Advice from someone who was on the depo then got pregnant please?




Amy-Lee


Me and my partner are trying for a baby. It has been almost a year now and I was wondering how long it took others to get pregnant after the depo. I only had the shot once and cant remember when I only remember I was supposed to get my top up in september last year Me and my partner have been trying since regulary since the november.


Answer
it took me about a year and a half to get pregnant coming off depo. at least im not he only one. the more i hear and read, and see questions like this, im surprised it isnt mentioned by doctors, it seems to be common actually. keep trying. wish you the best my dear

added-- i had the shot 3 times. if you only had it once, it might just be about time to get tested. hope everything turns out ok.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: advice for getting pregnant after using Depo-Provera?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment