Sunday, April 6, 2014

Can you only get pregnant during ovulation?




just me :)


I thought that ovulation was like seven days after your period stops. And we did it the day after my period stopped. Then somebody on here told me that I can't get pregnant right after my period stops. I'm so confused! When can you get pregnant?


Answer
Ok, let's start at the beginning. An average cycle is 28 days long, with Day 1 being the day you start your period. Ovulation can happen, on average, between days 7 and 10 of your cycle (ie. 7-10 days after you start your period). But this differs from woman to woman, and sometimes from cycle to cyle.

There are a few ways you can tell you're about to ovulate: you can check your cervical mucus (if it's watery or stretchy like egg-white, you're fertile and about to ovulate); you can use Ovulation Predictor Kits or Saliva Microscopes, both of which can pick up signs that you're about to ovulate. Finally, you can chart your body temperature, and when it suddenly rises, it means that you have just ovulated (and it's too late to try for a baby after you've ovulated).

That said, you can have several patches of fertile cervical mucus during your cycle, and sperm can live up to 5 days inside you (usually no more than 3 days, but they have been found to live for longer).

If you're NOT trying to get pregnant, you should practise safe sex then you're pretty much assured no pregnancy. But if you DO want to get pregnant, you should chart your body temperature and use OPK s(Ovulation Predictor Kits), saliva microscopes and check your cervical mucus (some women also check the height and texture of their cervix as this also changes when you're your most fertile and about to ovulate).

If you are trying to conceive, I highly recommend fertilityfriend.com which will give you more info on everything I've given you, and let you chart your temperatures.

Good luck :-)

Is during ovulation the only way someone can get pregnant




so lost


Well I want a child, me and my boyfriend has been intimate for about 11 months most times we have sex almost everyday, but lIm still not pregnant! Is something wrong with me? I know he's capable of having kids because he has 4 already.
he's not on child support for any of his kids, because he do and care for all of them. He's really a good father. I just want to experience parenthood too. Like when his kids come over I have so much fun, when they leave i get depressed because i miss the children and i figured if i have my own then it wouldn't be depressed anymore



Answer
The most success rate in getting pregnant is during ovulation, however, you can become pregnant during other times of the month.

You may be trying to hard to become pregnant. Do not think about getting pregnant the next time you are intimate. Just relax and enjoy the intercourse.

Medications may sometime interfere with your getting pregnant, if you are taking any. If you are really worried, go see a gynecologist. There are tests that can be ordered to determine if you can become pregnant.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can you only get pregnant during ovulation?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment