Monday, April 7, 2014

Do people usually stay on Metformin when pregnant?




kcat


Obviously if I ever get pregnant, I will discuss this with my doctor, but I'm just curious what normally happens. If you have insulin resistance or diabetes and you get pregnant, do you normally stay on Metformin?


Answer
I am finally pregnant after alot of different things that we have tried. I had a miscarriage in January and did not know it was caused by my insulin resistance. I have been on metformin for 4 months. I have read very extensively about the subject of staying on met while preg. I am going to the dr tomorrow and convincing her to let me stay on it for the whole preg. If she disagrees, I am going to find another doctor. there are no medical studies that show that met harms the baby if taken throughout the preg. There are studies that show women who are used to taking met and get preg should stay on for the duration for the insulin levels to help maintain the preg. The studies also show that these women who were taken off met spontaneously miscarry. The met is designed to help control insulin levels whether you are preg or not. When you are preg, your insulin levels rise beyond normal, so why not take it. Not one thing that I have read states that staying on it caused a pregnancy to end, or and defects. Good luck to you and lots of baby dust.

anyone stay cold while pregnant?




wubzy_wubz


i'll be 19 weeks pregnant tomorrow, with my 2nd pregnancy. i seem to stay cold. i have yet to get hot, or even warm. my husband swears he's gonna get a lock on the thermostat, because i keep bumping the heat up (i like it a nice toasty 82). i am hypothyroid, and they have tested me just about every time i walk in the office, also i'm not anemic. my doctor even thought it was odd, but can't seem to find any medical reason for it. anyone else stay cold while pregnant?


Answer
I'm usually always cold, and it hasn't changed since I've become pregnant! Last night it was actually quite mild and I was FREEZING inside my home. I'm waiting for that pregnancy heat to start up once the summertime comes, though! Haha :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do people usually stay on Metformin when pregnant?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment