Thursday, February 20, 2014

How come somedays I feel my baby move a lot and other days I don't feel movement at all. Can you tell me why?




Jackie M


I usually feel movement 4 or 5 times a day but for the pass two days I don't feel anything could something be wrong? I am starting to worry, and I don't see my doctor until August 2. I really scared and I really don't know what to expect because this is my first pregnancy and I am just 17 years old.


Answer
I'm sorry to hear you're worried sweetie. I would be able to answer your question a lot better, if I knew how far along you are.

I'm 21 weeks pregnant, and some day's my daughter is really active, other days I barely feel her at all. I have found that on the days that I hardly feel her, I am quite busy. Perhaps she is rocked into a 'resting period'. Perhaps she is moving, but I don't notice it as I go about my daily tasks. My advice to you is to have a really cold drink, and a high energy snack, and put your feet up for a while. Babies tend to kick more when you are lying still. Also, I find it easier to feel my daughter kick when I am lying on my back, so you might like to try that.

I also have some information about babies movements that might be comforting to you.

Your Baby's Movements

The moment you feel your baby move inside you for the first time is a huge thrill - proof that she actually exists. Even though you may have had an ultrasound scan, which showed your baby moving about in the womb, she'll seem much more real when you feel her for yourself. If she's your first baby, you'll probably first notice her movements inside your womb at about 18-20 weeks. If you've already had a child, you may feel movements at 16-18 weeks or even before. The earliest noticeable movements of the baby - known as the quickening - make a delicate sensation that's been likened to the fluttering of wrings. First time mothers other mistake this feeling for indigestion, wind or hunger pangs, but the experienced mother knows what to expect, so is quickerto identify these feleings as movements of her baby.

Why your baby moves:
Your baby stretches and flexes her growing limbs as they develop. This activity is vital to help her muscles grow properly and starts around the eighth week, when she begins making tiny movements of her spine. In those early weeks you might not notice her movements, ut by about the end of the sixteenth week, you may feel the vigorous kicking of the now fully formed limbs, although you might not recognise them.

Your baby will kick, push, punch, squirm and turn somersaults and you'll often see as well as feel her movements. She'll move more and more as she grows and is at her most active between weeks 30 and 32. The typical baby averages 200 movements a day at week 20, rising to 375 a day at week 32, but the number of movements a day can range from 100 to about 700 over a period of several days.

After week 32, it will become harder for your baby to move as she grows to fill the uterus. Although restricted, she'll still be able to give plenty of sharp kicks. When her engaged head bounces on your pelvis floor muscles, you'll feel a jolt.

Changing position and emotional reactions:
Your baby need s to exercise and coordinate her growing muscles, but she also moves around for other reasons.

She may, for instance, shift her position because she feels like a change, or because you're sitting or lying in a position that's uncomfortable for her. OOr she may be trying to find her thumb that she'd ben happily sucking before she moved.

She may also be moving around in response to your emotions. Hormones, such as adrenalin, are released into your bloodstream when you're physically or emotionally stimulated. Pleasure, excitement, anger, stress, anxiety of fear can also stimulate the production of chemicals that will pass acrossthe placenta and into your baby's bloodstream. These hormones affect your baby, so if you get angry or very anxious, she may become agitated and start kicking and squirming. If you can, sit down in a quiet place and practice your relaxation techniques. This will help to calm both you and your baby.

Counting the kicks:
Just like the rest of us, your baby will feel and be more active on some days than on others, but her daily pattern of movements will become more consistent after about week 28. From themn on yu can keep a check on your baby's movements. On average, most women can feel about nine out of every 10 of their baby's movements, although for some women the proportion is only six out of every 10.

Whether you feel a movement or not depends on its direction and strength, and the position your baby is in when she makes it. For instance, if she is facing and kicking in towards your spine, you wont feel the sort of short, sharp jab that you get if she kicks out towards your belly or up towards your ribs.

I'm also going to include the link to a pregnancy forum that I think you might find really helpful and interesting. It's full of supportive women with boundless knowledge about these issues. I learnt so much there that I doubt I would have learnt otherwise. Hope you sign up!

Is my unborn baby deaf or is it something else?




Ava


My husband and I are hearing impaired. I will be 26 weeks tomorrow. I don't feel my unborn baby kicks as often as she's supposed to. Does that mean she's deaf or is it possible that I have an anterior placenta?


Answer
there is no way to know if your baby is deaf before they are born. you have to wait and see once your child is born. they will do a hearing test in the hospital before you leave.

in regards to your baby moving:
At first the kicks you notice will be few and far between. In fact, you may feel several movements one day and then none the next. Although your baby is moving and kicking regularly, many of his jerks and jolts aren't yet strong enough for you to feel. But later in the second trimester, those reassuring kicks will become stronger and more regular.
Once you're feeling kicks regularly, pay attention to them and let your practitioner know right away if you notice a decrease in your baby's movement. Less movement may signal a problem, and you'll need a nonstress test or biophysical profile to check on your baby's condition.

Once you're in your third trimester, some practitioners will recommend that you spend some time each day counting your baby's kicks. There are lots of different ways to do these "kick counts," so ask for specific instructions.

Here's one common approach: Choose a time of day when your baby tends to be active. (Ideally, you'll want to do the counts at roughly the same time each day.) Sit quietly or lie on your side so you won't get distracted. Time how long it takes for you to feel ten distinct movements â kicks, twitches, and whole body movements all count. If you don't feel ten movements in two hours, stop counting and call your midwife or doctor.

The term "anterior placenta" refers to the location of the placenta within your uterus. Most of the time, a fertilized egg will situate itself in the posterior uterus â the part closest to your spine, which is where the placenta eventually develops, too. Sometimes, though, the egg implants on the opposite side of the uterus, closest to your abdomen. When the placenta develops, it grows on the front (or anterior) side of your uterus, with the baby behind.
Does the location of your placenta make any difference? Not to your baby, who doesn't care which side of the uterus he or she is lying on, and it certainly makes no difference to him or her where the placenta lies. And what about to you â or your practitioner? You might be less able to feel your baby's early kicks and punches because the placenta will serve as a cushion between your baby and your tummy. For the same reason, your doctor or midwife may find it a bit harder to hear fetal heart sounds (and it could make amniocentesis slightly more challenging). These situations will resolve if the placenta moves into a more posterior position later on (as anterior placentas commonly do). But the good news here is that, despite those slight inconveniencies, an anterior placenta in and of itself poses no risk to your health.

If, however, you have an anterior placenta that is also lying quite low in your uterus, it could partially or completely block off the cervix (and the baby's way out), a condition called placenta previa (which can make a cesarean section necessary). But again, because the placenta generally migrates around in the uterus quite a bit during pregnancy, a low-lying placenta will very often have moved into the upper part of the uterus â and safely out of the baby's way â by the time you're ready to deliver.

your baby's movements and if you have an anterior placenta or not has no bearing on if your child can hear or not. you will find that out once he/she is born.

in regards to the anterior placenta, your doctor will let you know during your sonogram if you have that condition

good luck to you




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How come somedays I feel my baby move a lot and other days I don't feel movement at all. Can you tell me why?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment