Saturday, February 1, 2014

I'm pregnant and I keep drinking milk! Is this alright?

Q. I'm 8.5 weeks pregnant and I have morning sickness. It's most awful in the afternoon to evenings (I tend to throw up then). I find that I crave milk ALL the time. I'll drink a glass in the morning and I feel that it reduces/eases the acids in my stomach or something, maybe because it coats it? I don't know, but my husband told me that milk could be part of the reason I throw up. I'm unsure if I should keep drinking it or not. What do you think?


Answer
i was pregnant with twins and HORRIBLY sick for over 5 months. all i could keep down was strawberry milk (by the gallon) and frozen pizza. if the milk was causing the vomiting it would probably happen with in a few minutes or an hour after drinking it, not later in the day/evening. speak to your dr if you are worried. trust me i know, i was sick all day every day. smells would make me puke as would the sound of a cracker bag. if it is really bad and you have trouble keeping anything down or you start to lose too much weight there are medications for extreme cases. but i highly doubt it is the milk making you sick. (MY dr said it was good that it was something i could keep down as it has many nutrients and vitamins in it, i drink whole milk)

THings to keep a pregnant woman busy?




proud Moth


I am 34 weeks pregnant, and I no longer work. My husband and I decided that I should stay at home with the baby when she is born. The problem is that I' ve been at home for a while now, and I'm bored. I was hoping that someone could give me at home project ideas. I need some kind of hobby, or something to keep me busy until the baby comes. I am getting restless. I keep going through the baby's clothes and other things. I really need something to keep me busy for the next 6 weeks. Any ideas will be highly appreciated. By the way I am having a girl if this has anything to do with your answers. Thanks!


Answer
Well, you definitely don't want to obsess over the baby just yet... it makes the last few weeks take forever!!! Trust me, i'm 38 weeks pregnant with my second child. The last month or two always seem to take the longest.

Try doing things to take your mind off of the pregnancy--but not completely! Its really hard to do but you'll be surprised how well it works. Still do your research, decorate the babies room and mentally prepare, but set aside time for mommy. THIS WILL ALSO BE IMPORTANT AFTER YOU HAVE THE BABY!!! Go for a walk or two every day. its great exercise and helps move the baby into position, plus gives you stamina for labor. Read books, watch movies, check out funny websites, go out with your friends while you still can, anything that you found fun before you got pregnant you can still do now (save the cosmos when you're out to eat lol).

You might want to spend some more quality time with your partner too. You'll be surprised how neglected your relationship can get in the first few months after a baby arrives. Have lots of sex... not only is it fun but it will help with delivery too. The semen helps ripen your cervix, and the "activity" down there helps to stretch you a little in preparation for delivery. He can massage your area with KY jelly, especially the perineum . This prevents some ripping and the need for an eppisiotomy (i don't know how to spell it).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm pregnant and I keep drinking milk! Is this alright?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment