Thursday, January 30, 2014

ttc after a miscarriage having to have a d&c done?




Kassie


i was 12 weeks when I found out I lostmy baby at 8 weeks due to no heartbeat. I had the d&c done November 1st. my question is what the possibilities for me to get pregnant really soon my doctor said after my first cycle I can try again. but didn't no how long afterwards it could take to convice again. im hoping really soon.


Answer
Same thing happened to me. I was 12 weeks in July but there was no heartbeat and mine had stopped developing at 6 weeks so had to have d&c. I had 1 cycle (August 27) and got pregnant now at 14 weeks. Also, chances of carrying healthy baby to delivery after miscarriage (whether you actually miscarried or had a MISSED miscarriage) is 90%

Fertility after a D&C, how likely will I be able to conceive after the procedure?




jennifer


Hello All, I am a 23 year old female and recently my GYN found multiple endometrial polyps. In three days time I will be undergoing a D&C to remove the polyps. After reading many other answers and various peer reviewed articles, I am still unsure on where fertility stands after the procedure. Many articles say that fertility chances are likely to rise and others say that due to scarring of the tissue it would be impossible. I have never been pregnant or had any miscarriages despite me and my boyfriend of 3 years having unprotected sex (not actively ttc or trying not to). On some unconscious level I always knew there was a problem as I was never able to conceive, and sure enough hopefully the only issue to be found are the polyps. Me and my boyfriend who is 28 and dying to become a father as much as me a mother would be grateful for any advice, feedback, and personal experience to help guide our thoughts. Anything you can offer would help, we need to be realistic in our situation, so all answers are welcome. Thank you! and good luck to anyone in the same shoes.


Answer
" There is evidence to show that removing uterine polyps does boost fertility in previously infertile women. For example, one study found that 63% of women suffering from uterine polyps got pregnant via intrauterine insemination (IUI) after they had their polyps removed. This figure compares to only 28% of women with uterine polyps who got pregnant from IUI alone."

Have a look at http://www.fertilityfactor.com/uterine-polyps.html for more medical info.. very best of luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: ttc after a miscarriage having to have a d&c done?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment