Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Can a 37 year old women deliver and carry a healthy baby?

get pregnant 37 on WORLD OF CRISIS: 5 best positions to get pregnant fast
get pregnant 37 image



livelaughl


I just found out that i am pregnant at 37.Is this bad? As in, are there going to be negitive side effects on my baby becasue of my age? Looking for helpful answer and suggestions?


Answer
You can absolutely have a healthy pregnancy, delivery and baby!

There are some increased odds of some defects for women over 35. The good news is that means your insurance will cover additional testing.

There is something called a first trimester screening. It's an ultrasound at 13 weeks (or so) that screens for risks of certain defects. This screening is done earlier than the triple screening blood test. I did this in lieu of an amnio (which has a small risk of miscarriage).

I was 37 when my son was born and I had a text-book perfect pregnancy (very swollen feet was my chief complaint), an epidural-free delivery and a healthy 8 1/2 pound boy!

Best wishes to you and your family!

How far are my chances to become a father at 37 if I get marry?




curious


I am 37. Does men loose or decrease fertility at this age? How far are my chances to make a woman pregnant at 37? Pls. serious answers only.


Answer
The chances are very good. The chances for certain birth defects does go up with the age of the parents, but that doesn't mean every older father (or mother) will have a child with problems. I have friends who are older parents with healthy kids.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can a 37 year old women deliver and carry a healthy baby?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment