Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What is the best food for a 8 months old baby?




loving_mum


I have a 8 months old daughter. I leave my daughter to a babysitter when I'm working. The babysitter likes to add artificial flavour to my daughter's porridge and it makes my daughter loves to eat food that make by her and refuse to eat Gerber baby food. I'm worried if the flavour will give bad effect to my daughter. What is the best food that I can make by myself to my baby? Or is there any other suggestions how to stop the babysitter from adding the artificial flavour?


Answer
Do you pay the sitter? If so, treat her as you would any other employee. If she can't follow instructions, she should be replaced. If the sitter watches your daughter as a favor to you, i.e., you don't pay her or you don't pay her very much, perhaps you need to consider how much of a favor she is actually doing you if she disregards your wishes.

What else can I feed my 8 month old daughter?




ProudMama2


She is currently getting some Gerber food in the morning like fruits or veggies and then rice or oatmeal at night before bed with breastmilk to follow. When can she start with finger food? I am interested in making my own baby food for her but I do not know what an 8 month old can and cant eat. Can she eat meat, pasta? She can eat eat yolks but not egg whites right? Any help would be awesome. What are or were you feeding your 8 month old?


Answer
At 8 months she is probably ready for table food. Start with things that easily mashed with her gums, like soft cooked veggies, fruits, well cooked pasta, and soft diced meats. My son just turned 9 months this week, he is eating almost exclusively table foods with formula too of course. As far as eggs go, doctors have gone back and forth as to whether or not they are safe, but generally speaking, if she has no personal or family history of food allergies, she is probably just fine, but if you are worried just ask your dr about it. I love the Gerber graduate foods for days when I'm in hurry, the little microwavable tubs are very convenient. However, I do have to chop up some of the chuncks of meats a little bit for my son, he is still getting used to chewing meat. I also watch the sodium content in those, some of them are pretty high, so I try to reserve them for when I'm pressed for time or at least get the lower sodium ones. One of my son's favorites is the pasta shells in cheese, it does have quite a bit of sodium, so like I said, I just limit how often he gets it :o)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best food for a 8 months old baby?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment