Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How long will it take to get pregnant?




sapphire


I've had mirena for only 6 months. I didn't like it for multiple reasons. It just wasnt for me. So I had it removed. It's only been a few days. Im 25 and ive had no children. I plan on getting pregnant as soon as possible. I don't want to take any medications to either I would like to have my body recover naturally. Since i only had it for 6 months, how long do you think it will take to get pregnant?


Answer
I'm not sure how long it will take, but there are a lot of things you can do to improve your chances.

Definitely, fitness and nutrition are crucial when trying to get pregnant, and also limiting stress.

Maria Anderson has an excellent site (www.trying-to-get-pregnant-site.com) that has "100 tips for Getting Pregnant", spread over 10 separate articles. They are all free and you don't have to sign up for anything.

Included in the articles are what you should and shouldn't eat, what vitamins, herbs and minerals to take (and which ones to avoid), what drugs to take (and which ones to avoid), tips and videos on fertility massage and exercise. She also talks about the best time of the month to have sex etc.

The link I've put below gets you straight to the home page. For the "100 Tips to Get Pregnant", look in the side-bar on the right of the page

Best of luck.
Claire

questions about mirena and pregnancy?




Monica


alright, this may be a little long but i need serious answer and help please.
well i have had mirena since my son was about 1 month or two he will be 2 in October. my husband and I are now planning on trying to have another baby but I am still on the mirena, i plan on making an appointment sometime this week, but i just had a few questions about all of this :)

first, i would like to know how soon will i be able to conceive once the mirena is out?
if i have irregular periods how can i take ovulations tests?
will there be any problems trying to conceive once the mirena is out?

i am just a bit unsure about the whole situation. i would love to have another child but i do not want to get my hopes up and nothing will be happening for a while.
any tips, advice or anything is greatly appriciated.

please nothing rude, thanks.
also, would any of you know if my doctor could tell me when i am ovulating? or since my periods are irregular when would be a good time to take an ovlaltion test?



Answer
1-3 years for IUDs. Usually within the first 18 months though. Some women never get pregnant after that and carry it full term... it either ends in a period, or miscarriage.

IMPROVEMENT ON THAT ANSWER:

This is a really distressing answer and to me seems completely negative and uninformed, where do you base you information from?? You say this like there is no exception! And for those out there trying to get pregnant after having a mirena IUD this type of answer could be very disheartening and cause undue stress.

For each women the answer to this question is different.

So to try and help I will share my experience and hopes it sheds some light and hope x
I had my mirena in for a year and had it removed september 9 so my husband and I could try and concieve. I know for myself after coming of a hormonal contraceptive things can be a bit up and down and can take time for your body to get back on track. I was pretty irregular on iud but my periods didn't stop.

I started a course of FEMZONE a natural course of pills availale from naturopath or health food store after advice. It helps to regulate periods and pms and is also great for women who experience a slight hormonal imbalance after removal.

Anyway I had my period after the removal and started a spread sheet to keep track of what was going on with my body. I knew that in a standard cycle of 28days you generally ovulate on around the 14th day (this of course varies woman to woman) but is a great indicator of the timing of things. I got another period a few weeks later and then a few weeks after that started feeling a bit off colour, very definate signs of pregnancy.

I have had 3 positive tests and my husband and I are very happy.

The important thing is to understand your own body and know how to track it.

After talking to doctors and friends who have had Mirena removed it can take anywhere from 3 - 12 cycles to concieve, if its longer than this just talk to your doctor.

The main reason for early pregnancy miscarriages after the mirena is because one of the ways it works is it thins out the linings of your uterus which stops eggs imbedding.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long will it take to get pregnant?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment