Wednesday, March 12, 2014

too young to be pregnant 9 months?




buckdamien


Stray came to me skinny and starving. I was told she is 9 months old. Now she is getting fatter. Her belly especially. Her nipples are getting more pronounced. I am starting to think that she is pregnant. Isn't she too young? She is scheduled for a spaying this Thursday. What if she is pregnant? Can they still spay her and would they abort the pregnancy?


Answer
It's certainly younger than ideal (since she probably got pregnant at 8 months or under) but it's not so dangerous as if she were a few months younger. It's sort of borderline. Cats do have successful pregnancies at this age. However, a young mother is more likely to have complications, maybe stillborn kittens or she may be too small and need a c-section. She can also be not mature enough mentally and end up refusing to raise the kittens in which case they have to be bottle fed every 2 hours round the clock for the first 2-3 weeks. then every 4 hours.

Yes they can spay her while pregnant. By definition it aborts the pregnancy because it removes the uterus including any fetuses. If she is a small slender girl it may be a better choice than the risk of complications during parturition
However some vets will not do a spay-abortion past a certain point in the pregnancy. But vets at shelters usually will because they see the results of so many homeless cats. Why not call the vet and tell them she's showing signs she's pregnant , find out if they would do a spay-abortion, and maybe you can bring her in and they can tell you what they think about health risks of the pregnancy

Pregnant 3 months after a C-Section!?




No Name


Me and the husband had our baby girl 3 months ago, I think I'm pregnant again! This wasn't supposed to happen! Our birth control method failed I do believe!!! I don't believe in abortion, so I won't get one, but what does this mean for me it being so soon after surgery?! Please no rude comments!


Answer
I got pregnant unexpectedly six months after my C-section. I'm now 16 weeks along. While it's not recommended to get pregnant so soon, there likely won't be any complications. My OB is not worried and has even said that it may be possible for me to do a VBAC. I'm not sure if that would apply to you as your babies would only be 12 months apart but you can always ask if you are, in fact, pregnant.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: too young to be pregnant 9 months?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment