Friday, March 14, 2014

Pregnant with twins?




Eliza


I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I'm having an ultrasound tomorrow. I'm just wondering how soon I can find out if I'm having twins or just one, I did IVF


Answer
Hopefully you will know tomorrow! I did IVF, too and had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks - at that point we could see both sacs and the fetal pole. It was AMAZING!

Congrats on your pregnancy and best wishes tomorrow!

pregnant with twins question?




christiluc


I just found out today that I am 6 weeks/6 days pregnant with twins. Only one is measuring only 6 weeks. The Dr. had a really hard time getting a view at the 2nd so she's not positive on the second's 6 weeks measurement.

She said that the 2nd has a 70% chance as of now. Is there anyone that has been there and done that this early with these kind of measurements.

Husband and I are happy with whatever happens. We know that everything happens for a reason and if we have just one, there was a reason. But if we're blessed with 2, we're just plain blessed!

I just wanted to know of others out there with similar situations. Please tell me the good and the bad.



Answer
I conceived my twins through IVF, so I had a scan at 6 weeks too. We had implanted 2 embryos and I just knew straight away that they had both taken and we were going to have twins. Anyway, when I went to have the scan, the doctor could only get a clear reading of one of the embryos and wasn't sure if the second one had survived or not. In the end, he said it looked like we only had one baby. I just knew in my heart that there was two babies there and I remember thinking to myself 'stupid doctor doesn't know what he's talking about. There IS two babies. I'm having twins!'

When we went back for another scan a few weeks onwards, he confirmed that there indeed was two babies yay!

I'd like to commend you on your attitude towards your situation, but I know that you will feel some sort of loss if for some reason you do lose one of your babies so please stay strong but remember that it will be ok to grieve your loss and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!

Also, at this stage of pregnancy, the babies are only the tiniest dot on the screen and they will be able to measure more acurately etc as they grow larger in the following weeks. One could just be smaller for its age - remember they will be individuals!

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I just thought you might like to hear about a similar situation which turned out positive.

Good Luck!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Pregnant with twins?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment