Saturday, May 17, 2014

Any tips to make my baby feel better?




Doonhamer


My ten month old has a cold, she's never been sick so this is new to me! She has no temperature or diarrhea or vomiting. Just a runny nose. I know to give her lots of fluids and rest (and cuddles!). I was wondering if any one has any other tips or home remedies to make her feel better?


Answer
Try a little of the vicks baby rub on the chest. That would help her breathe better. Make sure that you use her aspirator frequently to clean out all the congestion. Johnson's baby products offer a soap to add into water or simply bathe baby with that helps with congestion. Its recommened for babies with a cold.

Good luck and hope she gets to feeling better!

Any Tips or Tricks to making your own baby food?

Q. I've got a couple books, but I'm looking for the little tips and tricks that the books don't tell you. That only an experienced mommy would know! Thanks in advance.
I'm not looking to "make a buck" I want to hear peoples tips on how to make it easier.


Answer
Oh yes! I make all of my daughter's foods. It's rewarding, but it was also a lot of trial and error.

1.) Don't make giant batches of anything until you know for sure that your baby likes it. I had a whole tray full of peas that I had steamed, pureed, portioned and frozen before discovering that she can't stand peas.

2.) Make it fresh and serve it on the spot as much as possible. I relied too heavily on the freezer at first and it wasn't much of a time saver. It took up half of my freezer space, the stupid containers always popped open and the food got freezer burn and I never remembered to pull it out to thaw the morning of. Now I just roast up a giant sweet potato once a week (which makes about 3 servings), puree it up and serve her some on the spot, then refridgerate the rest in a tupperware which lasts the next couple of days. My husband and I will incorporate peas into one meal a week and then set some aside without seasoning to blend up for her. Same with steamed carrots and yellow squash.

3.) Take advantage of foods that require no prep (like avocado and banana) which you can just mash and serve on the spot.

4.) Know what's worth making and what's okay to buy. I always keep a big jar of unsweetened applesauce in the fridge (which I buy) just in case I haven't had time to make anything else.

5.) Once your baby has mastered purees and starts to get teeth, you can start leaving it in bigger chunks or finger sized pieces which helps make the transition to table foods easier. Jarred food stays in thin, puree form all the way through the stages, so many babies who eat from jars struggle with textures as they get older.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any tips to make my baby feel better?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment