Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pregnant with twins!???? Stressed!?




Andrea


Okay ladies so now this is very confusing and fustrating! Last week i had an ultrasound at the hospital since i was there overnight and the tech told me babies weighed both 5lbs now today at my clinic the stupid techs there who are young and look dumb said one baby was almost 4lbs and the other was almost 6lbs thats absolutley stupid really!!! wgo would be more accurate? i dont know what to think (p.s at the clinic they always seem to struggle measuring my twins and the hospital never does)


Answer
Ok best thing to do is to go to the hospital your set up with to get any pregnancy appointments and ultrasounds and always try to get seen for appointments with your ob doctor you have set up so it'd be easy for him or her to know how you and the baby are doing and to keep track easier and better. Also if they don't seem professional enough to you or experienced enough you can try to schedule a appointment with someone else. It's twins and they do take up a lot of space and tend to move around sometimes in hard to see directions (even if it's just one it can be a issue sometimes). I suggest you always get seen were your set up to get seen with during your pregnancy and remember a pregnant woman should only get two ultrasounds during her pregnancy (one after 5 weeks and another after 20 weeks) cause any more is unsafe for you and the baby.

Oh and another thing try to keep your stress level down. I know it can be hard sometimes but it is the best thing for you and your baby right now.

pregnant with twins 18weeks +?




Alisha


ok so this is my second pregnancy with identical twin girls and i wanted to know how was it..how u felt,how quick ur stomache got,was it easy giving birth etc.just want to know ur story as im 18week + and my stomache has gone quite big and firm/hard but i havent really started to feel any kicks just flutters now and then..when will the propper movements start? if u want to share ur story i would be more happy to read ..plus any advice will help thankyou
thanks ladies i feel a little better reading ur stories and advice..i wguess i just have to be calm and relax and enjoy my twins..cant be worried all the time :) just hope the birth goes natural as i dont want c-section and hope they dont come out soon. by the way TINA .C when did u have ur girls? what week?



Answer
Hiya hun!
Glad to hear you're doing so well.
I started to show with the girls when I was about 22 weeks along and that's when I kinda started to feel them properly kick too. This was the stage when I couldn't sleep on my front anymore, it was uncomfortable 'cause they both seemed to kick MORE!!! And it got so annoying! lol. Can't really blame them though, I can imagine the lack of room they had as it was - without me squishing them too. I 1st felt them when I was 16 weeks, but it just felt like little flicks.
And I could never really tell which one was actually kicking me. lol
My younger twin was more active than her sister though.

I had severe morning sickness, so bad - I ended up losing half a stone. It lasted till I was about 6 months along. And even now, after 2 years of giving birth to them, I still can't stand to eat chicken wings! Or any kind of chicken that's still on the bone!

My labour and birth was very easy going, I had the epidural (of course! lol) I was only 3cm dilated when I cried for it. And I have to say how fantastic it was!!!
I tore a little bit when my 1st daughter came out (I needed stitches, but they healed after a week) 7 minutes later, my 2nd daughter was born. She came out not breathing, but they didn't bother to tell me that until they got her breathing again!
Even if one of my twins were breech, I still would have refused a c-section and gone for natural. As I wanted to be up and walking about. I couldn't really afford to sit and rest when I had 2 babies to look after. Obviously some people can't help having a c-section. But if you don't need it - don't have it.

But I want to say good luck to you, as I know how hard twins can be. Especially newborns. And as they were my 1st children, once I had my 3rd baby, I couldn't believe how easy it was to just deal with one! lol
But I know you have another child. The only advice I can really think of is (depending how old your child is) to try and get him/her involved with the twins as much as possible, just so he won't feel left out so much. Because you're going to be VERY busy with the twins once they're here.
Just try and get as much help from family and friends as possible. Otherwise you'll be dead on your feet. And I know how that feels - not nice!

It can be fun (and expensive!) buying 2 of everything. But I'll tell what item I did not need and which I think is a waste of money & space. A moses basket!
I personally wouldn't bother. Not only do they grow out of it in a few months, which you'll then have to get rid of them (or store them away, which ever you want) some babies have a problem with going from moses basket to cot. And I don't think it's worth the hassle - well, double the hassle in your case! lol
Both my daughters went in a cotbed, 1st day I brought them home from hospital. They slept side by side, until they got too big - by which point I kind of top & tailed them (feet at each end of the cotbed) and then once they too big for that (which was when they reached about 6 months old) I put them in their own cotbeds, in their own room.
I did have trouble with them for a few days, as it was new to them, but they soon settled.

I'll stop now, otherwise I'll just keep rabbiting on! lol
Best wishes to you!
;D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Pregnant with twins!???? Stressed!?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment