Tuesday, May 20, 2014

pregnant with twins????




proudmothe


When I was 11 weeks pregnant I had a vaginal sonogram. The doctor saw one sac with one baby. Is it possible that I could have another sac above that one and they just couldnt see it with the vaginal sonogram?? Twins and triplets run in my side of the family along with my husbands side. Im 18 weeks pregnant now and Im HUGE! My stomach is already covered in stretch marks. My mother is a nurse and she keeps talking about how much my stomach has grown! I have LOTS of cramping and always tired. The doctor keeps saying my baby is very low. Could it be because there is another baby on top of that baby pushing it down? I go in next Monday (dec. 4th) for my second sonogram but I was just wondering what yall thought?????


Answer
Hi! I didn't find out until I was 21 weeks pregnant that i was having identical twins. Here's a few facts:

1. Vaginal ultrasound is the most reliable way to detect a twin pregnancy. Of course, there is always a chance that it was missed. Do you have any other exaggerated symptoms? With twins you have double the hormones so your symptoms will be exaggerated. I had horrible morning sickness well into the third trimester.

2. Identical twins are from one egg that splits randomly. Every pregnancy has a 1 in 250 chance of being identical twins. It sounds unlikely that you would be having identical twins if the doctor saw one sac/one baby.

3. Fraternal twins occur when the woman produces two eggs at once. Only the female's family history of twins is relevant because the male cannot make the female produce two eggs. AND, the family history is only relevant if they are spontaneous fraternal twins. (Not influenced by the use of fertility drugs.)

Honestly, it sounds like you probably aren't having twins. I had a friend who was pregnant at the same time as me but due a month later. We're similar height/weight/build but she was bigger than me for a while and she was just having one!

Congrats and good luck!

twin pregnant with twins or triplets?




*queque*


is it more than likely if you were born a twin and when you get ready to get preganant are you going to have twins, triplets,quads etc,
omg muitiples thats alot of humans in you thats scary i just wanted to know i have about 4 or 5 years to wait for children i just wanted know ahead of time
YES I AM A FATERNAL TWIN OMG



Answer
Being a female fraternal twin increases the chance of having twins as long as she was conceived without fertility treatments. In general a person's chance of having twins is about 1 in 80 and it can jump as high as 1 in 17 if you are a female fraternal twin!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: pregnant with twins????
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment