Monday, June 9, 2014

Breast feeding is making me crazy. Why is my baby doing this?!?




Mummy2be


I have a 6 wk old little girl who is about to drive her mama mad. I want to cry all the time. She feeds, then falls asleep, feeds, falls asleep, feeds, seems content, I unlatch her and WHAAAAA!!!!!!! etc etc etc. Today this has gone on for hours, right now I'm going on this "on and off" cycle for 2 hours. I can't eat, I can't put her down. I tried to let her cry for a minute and she cried so hard her face turned red and she had tears, I wanted to ball my eyes out. I know I'm making milk bc she's gaining weight quickly and goes through 8 -10 diapers a day. I do all the stuff people say, I undress her or change her diaper before feeding, I tickle her feet, I try stimulating her with a cold or wet cloth and nothing works! How do I feed her until she's content?!?! I can't keep her on my boob 24/7!


Answer
Don't give up and don't supplement. I know it's frustrating. I've been there, but you are doing something amazing for your daughter and this will not last forever. 6 weeks is prime time growth spurt age where babies nurse all the time and it's normal for newborns to nod off while nursing. My son did the exact same thing as a newborn and I made it through his first year of life (still nursing him at 16 months) without ever supplementing with formula. He would nurse for a minute and fall asleep, and as soon as I laid him down, he would scream. I felt like a prisoner stuck in one spot holding him while he slept and nursing him if he woke up.

So how did I make it exclusively breastfeeding? I bought a baby carrier. This thing will become your new best friend. It is a God send! Don't buy one of those cheap, soft structured baby carriers from Wal-mart. It is worth the investment to buy a good one. I like ring slings or a brand like Ergo, Beco, or Boba with a removable newborn insert, because you can nurse while you carry your baby. That way, you at least won't be stuck sitting in a rocking chair or sitting on the couch. You can do some house work, eat, go for a walk, meet a friend and your baby is content being close to you, you can nurse her discreetly, and she can sleep in it.

I hope this helps you and good luck.

How can I make the baby crazy go away?




madamgul


I'm a 27 year old female and my biological clock is screaming at me on a regular basis.

HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP?

I'm interested in this one guy but I don't want to rush things.



Answer
Oh my God I know! I'm ovulating at the moment and I'm just like babies babies babies! If only the baby crazy would back off a bit!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Breast feeding is making me crazy. Why is my baby doing this?!?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment