Thursday, April 24, 2014

Is there a way of knowing if you're fertile without getting pregnant?




rosie


I've used the pill for contraception for the past 5yrs but have recently stopped taking it. Over the years there were several chances when I could've got pregnant but didn't.
Is there a way of knowing if I'm able to conceive without getting pregnant?



Answer
First of all, there is a way to know you are fertile before getting pregnant. In fact, we had been suffering from infertility even after we dropped off contraception some years back.

We had been searching for answers and finally after some trials and errors we finally determine some fertile moments....

Let me share it with you...

How can you tell if you are most fertile?

Just before you ovulate, your body produces an increase in luteinizing hormone (LH for short). This is known as the "LH surge". Fertility sticks (also called ovulation sticks or ovulation tests) can detect this LH surge in your urine.

If the LH surge is detected, you are likely to ovulate in the next 2 days and this is the best time to try for a baby. Fertility sticks are a simple and accurate way of telling when you are most fertile, but can be costly.

As well as the LH surge, your body produces other signs when you are fertile. Recording your basal body temperature (BBT) every day using a fertility thermometer can also tell you when you are likely to ovulate.

Your BBT is your temperature first thing in the morning, as soon as you wake up. When you ovulate, your body produces a hormone called progesterone, which causes a slight rise in your BBT that remains until your next period.

If the fertility thermometer detects a rise in your temperature, this means you have probably ovulated and will be most fertile for the next 1-2 days. Charting your BBT is inexpensive, but since the temperature change is so small, it can be difficult to detect so you may miss when you ovulate.

Do you know when is the best time to have sex in order to achieve conception?

The best time is when you are at your most fertile. You are most fertile during the 2 days after you ovulate (release an egg) - for most women with a regular 28-day cycle, this will be around 14 days after the start of their last period.

After having sex, the sperm can survive up to 5 days inside your body, it is still possible to become pregnant if you have sex on either side of this 2-day window, but it is less likely.

If your cycle is shorter or longer than 28 days, or it is irregular, it may be difficult for you to predict when you are at your most fertile. Even if you have a regular cycle, you won't know precisely when you are going to ovulate. However, there are a number of methods that can help you detect when you are likely to be most fertile.

Another change in your body that can help predict when you are likely to ovulate is a change in your vaginal mucus. When you are about to ovulate, the mucus becomes clear and stretchy, like the texture of raw egg whites.

This is actually to make the vagina more receptive to sperm when you are at your most fertile. You can test the consistency of your vaginal mucus using your fingers or a tissue.

While this method won't cost you anything, it can be unreliable, as changes in the vaginal mucus may be caused by other factors such as certain medicines and infections.

Your body can tell you a lot about when you are fertile, as long as you know what to look for. Each of these methods can be used on its own or together to help you conceive - and there's no harm in trying them all.

I hope these tips can be useful to you in getting pregnant fast. For the moment, you can still go to your doctor in conjunction with these tips. Also, try to avoid pregnancy programs given by so-called "gurus" and use some of these tips above.

This is just my humble opinion....................

Tips for getting pregnant with PCOS without fertility meds. Please only answer if you know?

Q. I have PCOS and have been TTC for 2 years now. I have tried clomid for 3 cycles, the highest dosage was 100 mg. I then went for ultrasounds after taking the clomid and every time everything came back fine, that I was ovulating. My hubby has been checked and nothing is wrong there. But still no baby. I did have to take provera for a year, every 3 months I wouldn't have a period I would take provera to bring it on. I recently lost 22 pounds and that with the help from taking the provera has regulated my cycle. I might go every other month, but i'm at least getting my periods on my own now. So just curious if any one out there also has PCOS and was able to conceive without meds, and how you did it or what helped? I know weight loss, like I said I have been working on that, but anything else?


Answer
I have pcos also, I have manged to have one sucessful birth at 27 weeks very very premature and now he is a beautiful six year old!!!!! I did have a MC back in August at 10 weeks, I currently just got off of Provera and now waiting on cycle day 5 for clomid. Ok so back to the point :) I am going to recommend taking two natural supplements:

Red Rasberry Leaf Tea and Vitex aka Chaste Berry

If I was more consistent with both I prob would not be doing the Provera/Clomid mix, however when I would miss my menstrual cycle for three months or so I would start taking Vitex tea and bam back on track. Please please try these, sometimes I honestly believe the natural way is the way to go.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there a way of knowing if you're fertile without getting pregnant?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment