Thursday, April 24, 2014

Why would a 3 to 4 week old baby guinea pig be yelling out with a high pitched sqweek?

Q. I have a new 3 to 4 week old baby guinea pig that will not let me put it down. She woke me up tonight about 2:30am and its now 3:18am and I have not been able to put her back without her making a hight piched sqweeking sound. Now i cant have her doing this becuase of the tiem of night night it is. What can I do to get her to let me put her down and her not to make a fuss about it.

She has watter, food and hay and a clean cage (well I cleaned it yesterday)
And I have no idea were its mother is as it was just given to me a few days ago and this is the first time its done this.


Answer
Your baby was separated WAY TOO EARLY. If you can put her in another room at night it will help you but it will ultimately help her. If you run to her aid when ever she squeals she wont stop because she will know that all she has to do for attention. you may also want to buy a sleeping pouch for her so she can be a little more independent in comforting herself. sleeping sacks or beds might help her feel like she isn't completely alone. I have bred guinea pigs, they are suppose to stay with the mom for at least 9 weeks sometimes even 12 (luckily not for food purposes she can eat regular food and drink water) just so they arnt depressed. If you do not know this yogurt treats are not good for guinea pigs (even though they are sold as treats it makes them fat) but the amount of un natural dairy product and sugar will make a baby VERY SICK!

I also saw someone suggest you get another female guinea pig to keep her company DO NOT DO THAT the other female will kill her (unless you find another baby her age which just endangers another baby).

Baby making squealing noise in sleep?

Q. My daughter is 5 months old and on 2-3 occasions she has squealed in her sleep like she breaths in really fast for a split second but she still stays asleep and doesn't seem fazed at all by it, Could she be dreaming?

The sound is high pitched


Answer
Possibly. If the noise bothers you, put a pillow under her head to elevate it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why would a 3 to 4 week old baby guinea pig be yelling out with a high pitched sqweek?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment