Friday, April 25, 2014

Could i have gotten pregnant tonight?

Q. my son is almost 6 months old and is being breastfed, i havent gotten my period yet but earlier today i noticed i had some egg white looking, stretchy cervical mucus. im not sure if that meant i was ovulating or not. and tonight me and my husband had unprotected sex, he pulled out before he came and he was only able to go about halfway inside me because it hurt too much for me cause im so dry down there cause of breastfeeding lol, but could i get pregnant this way?


Answer
You will ovulate before you have a period so hard to say when that will be. I've heard breastfeeding hormones keep you from ovulating but since I work for WIC I can tell you that is not always true, unless all our BF women are telling stories. As for your partner pulling out, it is certainly not a great way to avoid pregnancy. You can get pregnant from his pre-cum and the sperm in that can easily swim their way further inside you. If you don't want to get pregnant again this soon you should use protection and maybe go ahead and get the morning after pill at the drug store just to be safe for this time.

What are the chances of me getting pregnant tonight?

Q. I have been in an on again off again relationship with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years now. We have always had protected sex ever since I gave him my virginity. I love him so much, and plan to marry him but I'm only 19 and don't want any babies till at least 4 years. But I want to give my boyfriend a special treat tonight. I want to let him make love to me bareback, we have done it once or twice but only for a couple strokes. this time I want to go ahead and let him come inside of me. I was on my period all weekend and today is "day 6" of my period but I am just having very light spotting today. What are the chances of me getting pregnant? I usually have a long cycle like 35 to 45 days and I want tonight to be special<3 Neither of us have any STD's so that won't be an issue.


Answer
Do not rely on timing as a method of preventing pregnancy.

My periods were 100% regular and my partner and I tried for 2 years to get pregnant by timing on ovulation dates and we never did get pregnant and even doctors could not tell me why. Then randomly one month, after we had stopped trying, we thought it was ok to have sex on the last day of my period and we even used contraceptive film (those little squares of spermicide you put inside), and wellll, I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant right now! And we did not have sex any other day that month (we were both working extra hours, in the middle of moving, and life was crazy busy). The female body is VERY unpredictable and mysterious, lol.

Even "a few strokes" can get you pregnant as men have precum that you can not always see or feel... remember sperm are microscopic so it does not take much for them to get out and into your body!

I know its hard when you want it to be special, but if you are not on the pill or other birth control, don't take that chance or you may end up with a child you cannot care for. Just think of it this way... do you want one special day that will likely just pass into nonremembrance within a few months or do you want 9 months of pregnancy and a lifetime with a child when you are not ready? I know it sucks, but I would advise waiting until you figure out an option for birth control if you can!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Could i have gotten pregnant tonight?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment