Saturday, June 7, 2014

Did you get pregnant on the pill?




Lulu Mae


Hi! I am taking the pill but I think there is a chance I could be pregnant. Not because I skipped a pill or anything, but because I have had headaches, sensitivity to smells, nausea, and backaches for the last week or so. I know the pill can cause pregnancy-like symptoms, so the best thing to do is wait (period is due in 3 days), but I was wondering if anyone has any stories of getting pregnant while on the pill with consistent use of it.

Thanks!



Answer
I got pregnant while I was on the pill. I was on Mircette (like or-tho try Cyclone lo). I started on it last october (after previously being on four other types, I have migraines with aura so it's basically trial and error for me) and became pregnant at the end of january.
I never missed a pill (having been on them for three years, it was like second nature to take it every night at 8), or was on any antibiotics. So it is possible to become pregnant on the pill. On the prescription it has the percentage of becoming pregnant with proper usage (every day at the same time, using other protection as well for the first week or so...).

loestrin 24 pill mistake pregnant?




shoot


i have been taking loestrin 24 for about 4-5 months now
last month when my pill pack ended and i was supposed to take the brown pills i accidentally took a white pill noticed my mistake and started to take the brown pills after it
while taking the brown pills i had unprotected sex
my period was extremely light barely any blood only a few drops but i have had brown discharge since not having my period
it is almost 2 weeks since not having my period
my boobs hurt and i am bloated
did taking an extra white pill cause pregnancy?
have not taken a pregnancy test and am not trying to get pregnant



Answer
The mistake that you made could have been the one and only mistake that you needed to get pregnant. Granted that birth control is not 100% effective so there is always that chance, you improved those chances by messing up.

If it isn't pregnancy then it could just be your body trying to adjust to your mix-up. The hormones and such. It also states in the facts about Loestrin 24 that it is different from most birth control pills in that you take 24 active pills instead of 21. Because of the hormones in the 3 extra white, active pill of the birth control, your period may last fewer days, and your uterine lining may not build up as much, so there may be less menstrual flow. It is clinically proven to shorten periods (averaging fewer than 3 days) and lighten periods (with less bleeding). You should have also developed a routine. This helps ensure a steady level of hormones to prevent pregnancy and breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods. It also gets you into the habit of taking your pill regularly, because missing pills increases your risk of breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods and unplanned pregnancy.

Now, the paragraph just before this one came pretty much from the official site, so it may be something you have already read. I read the fine print at the bottom of the page that said it could take up to 6 months for the pill to be really effective. You said you have only been on it for 4 months, so they aren't really effective at this point. I hate to say this, but you could be pregnant.

The bloating could be just simple as gas. Think about what you have eaten, if anything is new or anything that is really gassy. That could explain the bloating. Now with your boobs, if you aren't pregnant, then its just hormones. Continue to take the pill, and remember to take it on time.

As far the brown discharge sounds like old blood/spotting. This is something that could be from two things. Either your old blood from your very light period that you just had OR it was from Implantation bleeding.

Just to be on the safe side dear please take a pregnancy test. It would be best at determining rather you could be pregnant or not. If you don't believe the pee test get a blood test. Just know that if you are pregnant that there are options out there. If you aren't pregnant then remember remember REMEMBER to take the right pills on time. Good luck to you sweety!!!!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Did you get pregnant on the pill?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment