Friday, June 6, 2014

Is it possible to get pregnant using KY as a lubricant?




Melissa


My bf and I don't use protection, but every once in a while we'll use KY for fun... We do want a baby, but aren't "trying". It will happen when it happens. Is it still possible to get pregnant if we use KY as a lubricant? Please help... Thanks...
I have used PreSeed and didn't like it... It dries out to quickly...
Thanks for your responses! We are are trying to get pregnant, but without all of the stress of thinking about it. We just bd whenver we want and if it happens then great! I just wanted to make sure that KY doesn't hurt my chances. My bf and I don't like preseed that much... But I do know that on my fertile days, I don't even bother with KY because I produce enough EWCM.



Answer
Yes - although KY is not considered to be a "sperm-friendly" lubricant like Pre-Seed . . . it is not birth control. It may harm some of the sperm and impact their ability to get through to the egg - it impairs the motility / forward movement but does not kill the sperm . . . some will still have a good chance of getting there and many women do become pregnant using these types of lubricants.

If you are "actively" ttc, then you may want to switch to Pre-Seed or something like that . . . but otherwise, have fun and know that KY will not "prevent" pregnancy - it will make it harder, but it will not prevent.

Pregnant????????????




Alex


Me and my gf have had sex about 10 times in the last month. We have used a condom everytime which came with spermicidal lubricant. The pull- out method was also used with the condom. She isn't on birth control yet but is going to be soon. Her period should have came over the weekend and it hasn't. We are starting to worry that it won't. What do you think are the chances of her being pregnant are? Why would her period not come other than being pregnant? she says shes having discharge a watery discharge and she took online pregnancy tests and they said she is probably pregnant but I don't think those are very accurate


Answer
Well, you used two semi-effective contraceptives. The condom and the pulling out. Pulling out is about 20% effective if no condom... But unless the condom broke or wasn't manufactured properly, I bet you're both safe! But every condom goes through a series of test and only about 1-2% make it out that aren't good. As far as a late period... well that could be an array of things.

Stress, poor/better eating or diet, change is routine ex. exercising, being more or less active. also, a woman's cycle will change every so often. especially with this year being a leap year. that one day could have thrown her off balance in her mind. She might be thinking her period was supposed to come over the weekend... But because a new day added, it was like adding a whole week! the whole year has changed. And like I said, I woman's cycle will change. No woman can very well expect her period to come on the 3 of march every year until she goes into menopause! If her period was late.. go buy a cheap dollar store test, not sure if you're in the united states.. try a dollar store, or wal- mart! An online test goes off of statistics, not every woman for herself. And that is what you need. I tested with a dollar tree $1 test 3 days after I missed my period.. and I am 12 weeks pregnant! So invest in a test that is your best bet.

But on the other hand... I bet you're more than likely SAFE!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible to get pregnant using KY as a lubricant?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment