Sunday, June 1, 2014

I feel bad eating in front of my baby?




browneyedg


I have a 15 week old baby and she is being very social and responsive, especially with me. So now whenever I eat, she stares at me and licks her lips and makes chewing movements. I know this is normal for her age but I do feel bad to eat in front of her. It always looks like as if she wants something of what I have. especially when I eat ice cream or other sweets. I know that she doesn't even know what I'm eating since she never had anything other than breastmilk and formula (because she's still too young for anything else).
But I still feel like I'm mean or something because I eat all these goodies in front of her and don't share... lol
Is this normal??



Answer
You're a GREAT mother to be still breat feeding and thinking of HER and not what's convenient for you. I love you. I wish there were more like you. Don't feel guilty, you silly goose. Babies who eat adult food too soon get all messed up with allergies and stuff. You're doing the right thing!!!!

8 month old baby recipe ideas?




E minor


So, my daughter is 8months old now and she has been wanting to feed herself and doing very well with the cereal puffs and baby mum mums. So, I have decided I wanted to actually start making her meals other than purees. For example, today we tried some baby scrambled eggs (no egg whites) and she seemed to like the taste but, needs a little time to get used to the new texture. What are some things you made for your baby at this age? I have tried noodles and she's not sure about those. She also doesn't seem to enjoy chicken broth atm but, I'm still trying. What are some recipes or tips you could offer as she is exploring the new foods? I'm nervous to give her small bites of bread and stuff because I'm not sure she is ready to chew that much but, she is great at mashing things up. Thanks! Btw, judgmental comments will get a thumbs down... I get a lot of these so, I always put this in here.


Answer
an 8 month old baby can eat any of the following;
small chunks of cooked carrots, green beans, peas, potato, sweet potato. These are all great and I fed them to my kids when they could pick them up themselves. When a baby develops that pincer movement with their fingers, cooked canned peas were the first things I fed them. No need ot mash them at all. I just dumped some on the highchair tray and let the little one pick them up and eat them. Of course they had been eating mashed peas long before that so it wasn't a new flavor.
They can also eat small chunks of any cooked fruit and raw banana.
Also shredded cheese,scrambled egg, cheerios, a crust of bread( I used baby food meat as a sandwich spread for my babies), crackers,
I also fed my kids from the table anything I made for the rest of us with the exception of pizza and chili or tacos. they ate roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy and roasted carrots. THe meat went into the baby food grinder the rest was mashed with a fork or chopped into chunks.
Ditto all pasta dishes, hot dishes, etc.
I never bought baby food at all.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I feel bad eating in front of my baby?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment