Thursday, February 13, 2014

Help Cardiologists, or Obstetricians! Orthostatic Hypotension((76/43) & pregnant?

Q. I have had orthostatic hypotension for a few years now, am 6 months pregnant, and 26 y.o. I went to an OB appointment today but my regular doctor wasn't there to see me. They had to check my blood pressure 3 times to make sure they were reading it right. It was 76/43 this time! They sent me home, telling me to take it easy, drink ots of water, and lie down whenever I feel like I am going to faint. How low does it have to be for me to be really worried about myself and the baby?


Answer
When you say orthostatic hypotension, does your BP drop to 76/43 when you stand form a sitting/lying position and stays there or is it persistently 76/43?

If it is persistently 76/43 I would advice you to get admitted to hospital at least until you get checked by your regular OB. Not knowing your personal history, the cause of your low BP and how well you are coping with this extremely low blood pressure, that is the safest course of action that I can prescribe.

Is baby moving normally and kicking as he/she did before? If yes, then this is a good sign that things are going ok. If not, its time to be worried. I would sleep easy if the ultrasound was ok, and the CTG (it's something like an EKG, but of the baby's heart) was reassuring. Was your blood workup normal? Has your pregnancy so far been uneventful? Has all the antenatal scans been normal for your baby? Is baby growing well? These would all point to your blood pressure being less of an issue (although I wouldn't rest easy if I didn't find out WHY you have such a low blood pressure). In the mean time, keep up your fluid intake and when you lie in bed, do avoid lying flat on you back, best position to adopt is to lie on your left side (this improves blood flow to the baby).

could i be pregnant? 43 days late!?




Gemma C


I was on the pill and have been regular as clockwork ever since ive had periods. just over 6 weeks ago i had my 7 day rest break from pill to have period, but it never came after a week so i didnt go back on the pill just in case i was pregnant! I have taken a few home pregnancy tests since this as i thought i was pregnant, but they have come up negative. Have been to doctors a few times but they keep telling me to wait a week and then to wait two weeks etc etc, they arent so helpful. Im due to take another test again tuesday! The last time i didnt come on for period while on the pill i was pregnant. Any ideas? Its not stress, nothing to be stressed about and when my dad was killed 8 months ago it did not effect my periods so cant be that. I would be thrilled if i am as im 25 and live with my partner for a year and very happy. Ive got so many pregnancy symptoms, like larger breasts, nausea, clear cervical discharge, headaches etc.I just hate not knowing.anyone had simular experiences?


Answer
I missed my periods too and had the symptoms of being pregnant and took the home pregnancy test and they said that I wasn't pregnant too and I took a total of 7 of them and finally I went to the doctor and I found out that I was almost 5months pregnant with my first. I was like you too I had no stress and that is what everyone kept saying that it was but it ended up being a baby. I would say take another one and then if you still don't know go to the ER they do the test right there and they can tell you more if your doctor is helping you with this. good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help Cardiologists, or Obstetricians! Orthostatic Hypotension((76/43) & pregnant?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment