Sunday, December 29, 2013

What are the odds of prenancy on day 8 of cycle?

get pregnant day 8 of cycle on To Get Pregnant on Birth Control - Effective Tips For Getting Pregnant ...
get pregnant day 8 of cycle image



Melissa


Hey everyone. My period is a week late. I had protected sex (condom) on day 8 of my cycle (I'm usually just about done menstruating about that time. But this is the first time I stopped bleeding on day 6). My boyfriend did *** inside, and he's sure that the condom didn't break.
I have a regular cycle between 23-25 days. This is the first time that my cycle has surpassed 28 days. I've also been sexually active for about 3 months to which a condom is always used. I've been getting symptoms of period, stomach cramps, tender breast and cravings for sweets. But still no period.

I know that there are other factors that may cause a delay in getting your Period.
I've also recently moved to another country for a long holiday. So I've been out waking all day, everyday for about 3 weeks now (literally! To the point where I can't walk anymore). I also started cycling. Do you think that this change in lifestyle delayed my period? Or is there a possibility that I'm pregnant? I'm not on the pill atm, but will definitely go for it once my holiday over.
I will take a pregnancy test when I can. I'm too scared to let my friends know about this. I've had a couple of sleepless nights with just the thought of it all.

I'm 21 years old btw.

Thanks so much in advance, Your help is really appreciated :)



Answer
With a cycle as short as yours 23-25 days it is extremely likely for you to ovulate on cycle day 9 or 10 and sperm live inside a fertile uterus awaiting an egg for 3-4 days... So sex on day 8 and ovulation within 2 days it is highly likely that if any got through the condom that you are pregnant...

As you are on the younger side you probably don't know that sex before ovulation is more likely to lead to pregnancy than that on ovulation day or after...

This last pregnancy my cycles were 27 days (we are married and trying) and we had sex cycle day 8 and I ovulated cycle day 9 and conceived a healthy baby boy who is 3 weeks old...

Because you used a condom and it didn't break you should be ok but then again condoms do have a fail rate... If you aren't pregnant and don't want to be you should combine 2 forms of birth control.. Condom and contraceptive or condom and pull out...

What are the chances of being pregnant?




Tiffany


My husband and I both have agreed on when we want to start trying to have kids which is 4 years down the road. So on day 8 of my cycle, my husband and I had protected sex. I am on the pill and he also used a condom as well as withdrawal. What is the chances that pregnancy could happen? Serious answers only please. Getting pregnant in my life now would be terrible but I just don't want to stop sex for my husbands sake.

Thanks!



Answer
Very highly unlikely. The pill itself is very high success rate. It works in a couple different ways, it stops a woman from ovulating but just in case ovulation happens it thickens the mucous and makes the environment very sperm unfriendly. Add that with condoms, which are pretty successful when used correctly themselves. I think you are double safe;.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the odds of prenancy on day 8 of cycle?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment