Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Can a woman get pregnant after being sterilized?

get pregnant naturally after ivf on Success rates decline with age with in vitro fertilization
get pregnant naturally after ivf image



MBS


I had my tubes cut, is it possible to get pregnant (naturally)? I heard that the tubes can grow again, is that true?


Answer
It's very rare, but not impossible. If you are wanting to get pregnant again, you need a tubal reanastomosis. Those run upwards of 12,000 and are not covered by any insurance. The success rate is similar to what IVF is, as is the cost, so that is something to consider.

EDIT: A hysterectomy is removal of the uterus. A complete/total hysterectomy is removal of the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries. Since they don't transplant them, there is no such thing as a "reverse hysterectomy", although, somewhere, out there, some poor uneducated woman was probably was given money to ge a lab rat to try one.. However, given the logistics that go with a transplant, I doubt it was successful and certainly not conducive to the point of carrying a child.

How can I increase my chances of having a girl?




Caitlin


I've heard there's ways to increase the chances of conceiving a boy or girl but I have this thing that makes slightly harder for me to get pregnant naturally.
I have a ovary problem that causes me to skip periods and the only way I can have a normal period is if I take birth control because the birth control helps regulate your period.
I think my doctor said it would be hard for me to get pregnant naturally it was awhile ago so I may have to ask her what she said again to be sure.
When I get financially stable I'm thinking of getting artificial insemination or in vitro fertilization.
I've heard there's ways to control if you conceive a boy or girl naturally but I'm just curious are there ways to increase your chances of having a boy or girl through artificial insemination or in vitro fertilization?
Or is there something I could do to increase my chances during pregnancy?
Also what's the difference between artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization?
It's still going to be awhile before I can make plans for this because like I said I need to get financially stable first.



Answer
You can do gender selection IVF but it is going to cost you a whole bunch more then regular IVF (which is already $10,000+ a month).

There actually are no ways to increase the chances of having one gender over another during natural conception as there are around 40,000,000 sperm released (both X and Y sperm) and only one of those actually fertilizes the egg (see how impossible it to affect it!).

And no, there is nothing you can do once pregnant to change the gender as it is solely based on which sperm fertilizes the egg first.

Artificial insemination is where you get the sperm put into a tube and they release it up against your cervix to give you the best chance of conceiving. (conceiving without sex)

IVF is where they remove the egg follicle and use the sperm and then put the fertilized egg back into your uterus to give you the best chance they can of conceiving. (conceiving outside of the body)


There is nothing wrong with asking, I hope I answer at least part of your questions!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can a woman get pregnant after being sterilized?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment