Saturday, February 8, 2014

Still possible to get pregnant at 45?




Wondering


Already have 3 kids...


Answer
Yes it is still pregnant at 45. This day and age there's women in their 60s having babies.

Could I be pregnant? Negative HPT 45 days after genital contact!?

Q. Ok, please be sensitive to my question. This is my first sexual interaction.

In the month of May, I had genital contact with a really close friend. There was fluid, but the contact lasted for about 30 seconds... max. I could not bring myself to have intercourse. Especially since I had never done anything like this before and ESPECIALLY because there was no protection being used. I took my chances of disapointing him and chose to stop.
I didn't think much of this until I shared this story with a friend and she warned me that I could still get pregnant this way (the chances were small.. but there was still a possibility). This started to freak me out. I did some research and decided to buy some pregnancy tests. I took 3 and got negative results. Then my period came June 3rd. It was weird. It was really light and i just kept thinking "im pregnant, im pregnant" so i dont think the stress helped at all. I decided to try and calm down... and once I did, my period came full force.

I bled heavily for 2 1/2 - 3 days then 3 days light after that. I usually just finish in 4 days. It was a little longer. I took more pregnancy tests after this, just to make sure (since my period was a little different). They all came out negative.

I still had it in my head that I could be pregnant. So i kept stressing. Just to make sure, I went to a gynocologist and took a urine test at the office (June 18th) also negative. After all the stressing, I got my period again June 28th. My cycle was only 20 days apart. which seemed pretty odd. This period was weird too. I was really light pink the 28th and i was freaking myself out thinking that I was spotting and that i was pregnant. I was stressing so much that I think i made my period stop. Then it came the next day light in the morning and by the afternoon it was bright red. It started fully on the 30th and lasted till the 3rd.

These period have been longer than usual, with a different flow. Could this be due to all my stress? Can my stress and anxiety and lack of sleep from worrying TRULY change up my cycles this much?
I'm pretty stressed still. I've talked to my doctor and the gyno and they all say im fine and that I shouldnt worry. But why are my cycles so different?

I am currently 3 days late for my period right now... which is COMPLETELY making me stress!!! I don't know how to get this out of my mind! It was light pink today and I freaked myself out and started thinking "come on period, just start... start already" and the pink is gone. I'm freaking out.

The last pregnancy test i took was on July the 6th. It was also negative. Could there be a possibility of me being pregnant? I need honest answers, please. Minus the sarcasm. I'm really scared and worried. All of these tests were taken first thing in the morning, without watered down urine. I have no symptoms of pregancy.

Please Help!!!


Answer
When you get pregnant a fertilized egg implants into the lining of your uterus. Once that occurs your HCG (a certain hormone) levels start to rise - they typically double every 24-48 hours. When you are not pregnant your HCG level is less than 5. Home Pregnancy Tests will show positive at an HCG level of 100 which is about 3 weeks after having sex. By 5-6 weeks pregnant your HCG level is over 10,000. I had a blood test done at 5 weeks pregnant and I was at an HCG level of 10,066.

So no, you are not pregnant - 45 days after genital contact (or having sex) you would definitely show positive if you were pregnant. If you still feel extremely paranoid (though I gaurantee that you are not pregnant from sexual contact 45 days ago) you can request a blood HCG level test that will give you your exact HCG (like I had done) from your doctor. As previously mentioned, anything over 5 is considered positive for pregnancy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Still possible to get pregnant at 45?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment