Thursday, February 6, 2014

Has anybody had "Irish twins"?




Hollywood


I had a birth control problem I guess you could say, and I think I could be pregnant again after just giving birth two months ago and I'm terrified.
I just wanted to know if anyone else has had two babies in the same year and how you knew you were pregnant again so soon if you hadn't a period to "miss" yet.
Irish twins are two babies born within 12 months lol.



Answer
My boys are not exactly Irish twins but they are close enough! I had a baby in March of 2005 and then found out I was pregnant in July of 2005. Kaden (the youngest) was born on my oldest son, Jason's dues date! Their birthdays are only 13 days apart. So yeah, I may not be as close as you are or may be...but it was still hard! Jason my oldest wasn't even walking yet when I had Kaden. Kaden was breastfed and premature, so it was even harder because I had to split my time at the hospital with one baby and at home with the other baby...Its hard im nopt gonna lie! The only reason I knew I was pregnant is I went to work and girl I worked with, Her and I had the same cycle and we got to talking and I was likeoh by the way did you have your period yet, and she said uh..yeah i had it like 2 weeks ago...that's when I knew I was pregnant. Hopefully your just feeling like that, hopefully your not, for your sake, Cause' it is hard as hell for the first like 6 months and I cant even imagine them being even closer..good luck

What exactly are Irish Twins?




mommy and


When I was pregnant for my second baby everyone kept calling the kids Irish Twins. I had a son, and my daughter that I was pregnant for was due on his first birthday. Someone at that point told me that Irish Twins were babies born one year apart, give or take a month on either side. So basically two babies born between 11 and 13 months apart. But now that they are both here and toddlers (32 months and 20 months old - my daughter ended up being 4 days late, so they are 1 year and 4 days apart) people say that they are "almost Irish Twins" because they were not born on exactly the same day. So what exactly are Irish Twins? I don't overly care, it's nothing I'm ever going to call them if they are, I'm just curious if they are considered that or not since I have gotten totally different opinions on that from people, and I had never heard the term before my second pregnancy ever.


Answer
I always thought that they were twins born in the same calander year...


here is what i pulled off of wikipedia:

"Irish twins" and "Vatican twins" are slang terms for siblings who are not actually twins, but rather, were born less than 12 months apart [2] â possibly in the same calendar year and/or school year. It refers to the perception that Irish Catholic families have many children, often with little time between births. It is sometimes considered derogatory. Similarly, "Irish triplets" refers to three siblings born in two years.[citation needed]




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Has anybody had "Irish twins"?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment