Saturday, February 8, 2014

Work at a bar, 37 weeks pregnant.?




seximama4u


I work at a pretty rough bar and I am 37 weeks pregnant. The customers are great to me and are not violent in any way towards me but there are fights in there on occassion. Last night there was a fight while I was working and now the boss is threatening to fire me or cut my hours back and take me off of night shifts. Is this legal? I dont need to hear anything about me not working in a bar while pregnant because i am a mother of a 3 yr. old that i need to support and she is my main priority as well as my pregnancy. I know i will have the baby soon anyways, but i need as many hours as possible til then because i will be out of work for a few weeks... I just need to know how legal it is for my boss to want to fire me or cut my hours because of a bar fight...thanks
by the way we do have bouncers and i never leave behind the bar so i am never in any danger. Last night there were two bouncers when the fight occurred and it was under control within a few short minutes.
he isnt doing this because im pregnant altho this is when the problems began and he has been looking for exuses to cut my hours or fire me. He expects me to prevent fights by knowing when they will happen.
the problem is that i am not getting maternity leave. i am off of work for two weeks UNPAID. I have been there for two years (since the bar opened) and they said i can take off for two weeks and i am fine with that... but its not maternity leave, i am leaving when i have the baby. i am on the schedule til then.



Answer
I worked two bar jobs and a full time day job up until I was 39 weeks pregnant - don't let anybody make you feel bad for doing your best to get cash together for your two children!

Well I don't know what the laws are where you live but I would assume that wherever you are you have laws on acceptible reasons for dismissing an employee - and this is most certainly not it. Get tough and threaten him with a tribunal if he says this again. Bar jobs aren't difficult to come by and I would suggest when you go back to work after you've had the baby if you intend to do more bar work that you find a different one. Working for a well known pub chain is always best as bad press can damage them a lot so you are more likely to be treated fairly. A boss like this can only continue to get worse so I wouldn't continue working for him after your pregnancy.

Good luck for 3(ish) weeks time! :-) X

Edit: I must say (I assume you're American?) that the U.S. law sucks when it comes to maternity leave. (If you're from the UK then your employer is acting illegally, if you've worked there that long then you are legally entitled to 39 weeks paid leave). But presuming you're American - aren't you entitled to 12 weeks unpaid leave? FMLA? I might be wrong - not exactly an expert on foreign law! Either way, I don't see how this makes a difference to the situation - surely you can still go about looking for a different job when you return to work? You could even get an evening shift at a supermarket or something? It isn't my place to say but I think going back to bar work as little as two weeks after labour is very soon and your body won't have fully recovered yet and you'll be very run down - well I don't know, maybe you bounce back quicker than me but I was 19 young and fit when I had my baby and it took me ages to recover from my labour! If you do need to go back to work then can you not find a less physically strenuous job to do in the evenings? One where your boss is not such a d!ck too!

37 week pregnant?




gisele_hom


i am going to be 37 week pregnant tomorrow. is it safe to use caster oil yet, or not. i cant wiat any more.. very tired. no sign of labour , or any pain at all. please help


Answer
Believe me, castor oil will only give you the squirts and put you into false labour. You take castor oil and it can give you diarrhea and dehydrate you resulting in your uterus contracting temporarily. Dont do it, its not worth it.

Im 39wks 4 days pregnant and i know how frustrating it is. Im as big as a mansion and i have tried some natural relief and nothing has worked for me. Im booked in for an induction on the 6th of Jan and i dont want to wait that long. But regardless of what i think i just have to live with it and hope i go into labour naturally before that.

Stressing out about when or if your going to go into labour will actually put off the labour from happening my Ob said. The hormones in your body due to stress can make your body cling to bub as long as it thinks that you are under dire stress.

I just started some relaxation techniques to help myself deal with the stresses in the final days and hopefully my body will kick in by itself. If it doesnt then i dont mind. The max i can go is 10days over. Remember that baby wont be in there for too much longer and destress yourself. Putting yourself under pressure to birth when your body isnt ready can be more traumatic to your body than the labour itself if your not careful.

Chillax im with you and hopefully we will both go into labour soon.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Work at a bar, 37 weeks pregnant.?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment