Friday, December 6, 2013

When a child is playing at the table instead if eating what do you do?

baby making animal noises on ... You Roar Like a Lion? Noisytime for Zoo Animals Activity - Paperblog
baby making animal noises image



K


I asked this a while ago and it obviously wasnt clear.


I watch a 4 yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl.

The 4 yr old is very aware of table rules. His parents and I have the same table rules.
-No playing at the table.
-You can talk but no playing or goofing around.
-You must eat when at the table.
-2 warnings and you have to get down.

No matter what we do the oldest does not listen. He still plays at the table. Making animal noises, making sounds with his mouth, does not sit still, Distracts his sister while she is trying to eat,etc.... He doesn't play with his food , just plays instead of eating.

I give him a few warnings and then he has to get down or sit in the baby booster seat instead of sitting like a big kid.

This is not only just at the table. He just doesn't listen. Extremely bossy and whinny.

I know some of this is normal for a 4 yr old. He still needs to listen and do what he is told by me and his parents. We all talk to him about things and all use time outs.
I'm positive with him. I don't give to many rules at once. Don't think his parents would want him to race at the table. I've taught him it doesn't matter who finishes first. Ill think of something.
No morning snacks. Afternoon I only give them a snack of they ask. Has to be before 4pm.
He eventually eats most of his food. Just plays in between bites even though he knows he is not suppose to. If he is not eating ill tell him, you need to eat or get down and go play. If I have to tell him more then 2 times he had to get down.
@naiara. I do that. It doesn't matter how many times and days you talk to him about manners.



Answer
I have a 3 year old son and he also sometimes starts playing at the table. When he does this i ask him if he's done and if he would like to go and play. He says yes, he cleans up and washes himself before playing. He says no, i tell him he should eat. There's no playing at the table. He starts playing again, i tell him again. If he gets too silly i bring him to the bathroom myself. I usually tell him before he starts eating: we sit at the table: we eat. We done eating: we clean up, wash ourselves and go play.

What does your baby/toddler do that makes you laugh hysterically?




Holly


My 12 month old has recently started making animal noises. Especially barking like a dog. We went this weekend to the aquarium and she LOVED it. She was barking at the fish. It was SO funny. She has also started putting a blanket over her head and walking through the house and bumping into stuff and falling over. She thinks it is so funny to do that. I am afraid she is going to kill herself, though LOL! :)

What is your baby/toddler doing now that makes you laugh?



Answer
My 6 month old learned to blow raspberries a few weeks ago. We went on vacation and the first night she woke us up twice which is unusual. But the second time when I laid her back down in her bassinet, it was pitch black in the room and all the sudden we heard her doing it...my husband and I burst out laughing uncontrollably. It was hilarious.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: When a child is playing at the table instead if eating what do you do?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment