Friday, December 6, 2013

does anyone know that the handle between the seat on the first row seat goes up or it's stuck??




sue


i have baby i just want to know that handle goes up so my baby can sleep on my lap ?


Answer
Well, the pressure change is easy enough to deal with, just give the kid something to drink, it's the same as us chewing gum. As you swallow it equalizes the pressure making your ears comfy. Also, if you or the child are drinking water, you should be able to stay hydrated. Can't help the movement of the other passengers though.

Anyway, most arm rests will go up, sometimes you have to be a bit creative though. Usually the arm rests in the middle of the row go up with out an issue, and I'm guessing you're not laying the kid in the aisle so you should be fine. If you come up on a trick arm rest though, I have found that many have a latch on the underside of the rest, towards the back.

It's really not as bad as people make it out to be, but calling ahead o find out about holding your child during take-off and landing is a good idea.

My bad habit: chewing my fingers. What is the best way to stop it and break the habit?




Sam


I've been chewing my fingers ever since I was in elementary. Nowadays, even at 20 - I occasionally chew on them when I get a little nervous or jittery, but I don't even realize that. It's getting a bit annoying and embarassing... how do I stop it?
Stop washing my hands after I poop? LOL

I'm bound to still chew on my fingers...



Answer
HMMMM some very interesting answers here that I like....Such as the rubber band idea. I would recomend that idea and see if that helps. If not....

First of all as a former thumb sucker and smoker I understand oral fixations (I quit the thumb thing a 12 started smoking at 13 and just quit that at 22, about two months ago). Even now you will usually catch me with a touthpick, rubber band, bottle lid, pencils, or other item in my mouth. I have seriously cut back the habbit and consiously have to make efforts not to do it.

Here are some suggestions. First of all peppers contain volitale oils that can chemically burn skin so avoid those. Purchase some alum powder and mix the powder with a few drops of water (Enough to make a slightly runny paste.) and soak your fingers in it. Alum is very, unpleasantly bitter and will immediately make your mouth pucker. Some people like lemon juice or tobasco so using those items usually doesn't work because the taste isn't very strong.

Next put up sticky notes at the places you are most like to do this. Repeating to yourself that this is bad trains your mind to avoid doing it subconsciously. If you are like me you also put your hand on your face (or chin in hand, whatever). You can curb this action as well by improving your posture. Freeze yourself the next time you catch yourself doing this (or finger chewing) and analyze how you are sitting. Usually slumped with your elbow on the table or with your elbow semi supported by your stomach or chest. If you start improving your posture then you will become less inclined to hold your arm up unsupported for very long. I am using an exercise ball for a computer chair right now to retrain my posture. My doctor recomended it and I highly agree, I've already noticed a difference.

Cheer up though. Some studies say that finger chewing, nail biting, and other oral fixations are all signs of higher intelligence. It is believed that the brain in these cases works so fast that it actually gets bored or is somehow unstimulated. By controlling physical movement while mental processes such as reading or talking occur your brain is exercising itself and making you smarter and faster by training itself to multitask.

Oh and a side note. Many people often notice that they chew nails/fingers in response to nervousness. The sucking/chewing motion is deeply ingrained in our most primitive side as being calming. When we are babies and we recieve food (suckle) subconciously we are aware of being protected by our mothers. The sucking/chewing motion along with full belly releases seratonin in the child inducing pleasure and happiness. In response to certain stresses adults will ocassionally do the same thing for the chemical calm it can induce, without even thinking about it. I tend to do this in the store especially when I can't find something. I feel lost and confused and tend to stick the tip of one or more finger in my mouth while looking.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: does anyone know that the handle between the seat on the first row seat goes up or it's stuck??
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment