Monday, December 2, 2013

I have PCOS. Does anyone have tips for getting pregnant?

tips on getting pregnant at 32 on Funny Pregnancy Pics - BabyCenter
tips on getting pregnant at 32 image



Sara B


I am 31 years old and have PCOS. My husband and I are going to start trying for a baby this month. I went off the pill this past May to see what my body would do. I have had 4 periods ranging from 32 to 60 day cycles. It therefore obviously is hard to know when I'm ovulating. I am going to purchase an ovulation kit. They are so expensive though. I just thought I ask if anyone else out there has other tips to getting pregnant with PCOS?


Answer
an inexpensive way to monitor ovulation is through BBT (basal body temperature) charting.

you get your temperature every morning, same time everyday, before you do anything.

you just have to purchase a basal body thermometer, then get free charting calendars online, and that's it!

it works on the principle that when you ovulate, your body releases the hormone progesterone which elevates your temperature. so you only have to monitor the days when your temperatures spikes up and remains elevated for at least 3 days. the idea is to have sex the days before your temperatures go up.

try going to www.fertilityfriend.com for charting tips and a free online charting monitor.

good luck!

how come its taking long for me to get pregnant?




Roxy


sad news got my period :( how come i cant get pregnant? i can only try again in sept cause im on vacation so no time for baby dancing lol. but with my son it happened fast in the month we tried and now its been like 4 months. i dont understand. i think next time imma have sex everyother day and on the days im ovulation. any tips that will help me.


Answer
Time is a very funny thing sometimes. In retrospect, usually time flies by. In my case it was reverse. It took 11 months to conceive our baby girl! (boy did that seem ever so loooooong) In retrospect, 11 months wasn't all that long but when you are going through it, it seems long because their is an uncertainty about it all....will I get pregnant this month? next month? next year? or many years from now??? so that uncertainty gets people extrememly stressed out. Now, with my son, we didn't even try and surprise surprise!!! Needless to say both my babies are very close in age.

So what I did, I prayed a lot. I charted my BBTs. I had sex on and around O (although my daughter was conceived when we BD three days BEFORE O!!! I was so sad that cycle thinking there was just no chance of pregnancy...surprise surprise!!! )

There are quite a few factors that can affect how long it takes. Age is also one of them. I was already 32 when I started TTC, I eventually had my daughter when I was 34 and my son when I was 35.

Also, I looked at interesting stats. Here they are:

http://www.thebabycorner.com/page/1368/



http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/467.html

· Just 25% of couples actively trying to conceive become pregnant the first cycle.

· 60% become pregnant in the first six months of trying to conceive.

· 75% of couples become pregnant within nine months.

· 90% of couples experience pregnancy within 18 months.

( I fell in between the last two categories...it took me 11 months with my daughter)


I signed up on forums that gave me emotional support and valuable information. And I tried to let go of the stress but that is just too hard.


The way I see it is that God is choosing that special soul, that special baby for you and your partner. In His eyes, time is neither here nor there. So we just try to be patient (easier said than done)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have PCOS. Does anyone have tips for getting pregnant?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

1 comment:

  1. My name is Tiffany from New York,After 10 years of marriage with no child i finally I got pregnant Glory to God almighty my Dear sister am writing to you to share with you what the Dr.Azuba Has done, I said to myself that I will testify when the Azuba does this with herbal medicine ,I emailed you for a request of your pregnancy medicine last year after seeing the testimonies of other ladies on your website online I decided to put my faith and come in agreement with you.Your pregnancy medicine and Your spell for me we agreed for me to conceive, Hallelujah!! Yes I did conceive two months after and I am now 4 months pregnant Glory to the Almighty God. I know I will have a smooth and easy delivery soon.contact him. azubaspelltemple@gmail.com or cell phone +2349080324322.website:https://azubaspelltemple.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete