Thursday, December 5, 2013

My 9 month old has decided she doesn't want formula anymore. Can I mix it in her baby food or something?

making baby food 9 month old on Let's play! 9-month-old, second week - BabyCenter
making baby food 9 month old image



Kelsey


My 9 month old won't drink her formula anymore. She only drinks about 5 oz of her bottle maybe 3 times a day. I don't give her any juice or water, just formula. Can I mix it in baby food? I already tried mixing it with cheerios and she won't eat rice or oatmeal cereal. Any tips?


Answer
At nine months she only has a few more months in which she actually needs it, so its not as crucial as an issue as it would be if she was a younger baby. If it was my baby, I would just make sure she ate as much formula as she would take and feed her table food (my daughter didn't eat purees anymore at nine months, she ate what we ate cut up really small) and cereals the rest of the time.

If she is eating 15oz of formula a day, it sounds as if she is weaning herself off of it, which is fine. You could even try giving her tiny amounts of cow's milk to supplement. They say not until they turn one, but it's not like there is anything magical that happens overnight on their first birthday. Every baby is different, and at only three months until age one, she may be ready to wean off the formula and be gradually introduced to cow's milk.

Either way, she won't starve between the 15oz of formula and the baby food she is getting throughout the day.

How many times a day do you feed baby food to a 4 month old?




ArmyWife


I have been giving my 4 month old daughter cereal for about a month. I just started her on other baby foods this week. I dont want to make her so full she doesnt want a bottle so I have been only giving her baby food in the morning.
Her bottles are only 4 ounces sometimes she wont even finish that much. She was a little over 5 pounds when she was born so she is only like 12 pounds now.
The doctor told me as long as she can hold her head up and she is showing sign of swollowing (without eating) then I can start her on cereal, one thing I do know is you arent supposed to give cereal in a bottle it promotes obesity. Not only that but on the beech nut website it has a menu for 4-6 month olds that shows 3 meals a day. My question wasnt if I feed her too early it was how often do you give baby food.



Answer
I started both my sons on solids at 2 months old. I found that they dictate the amount that they want. My eldest was happy with one small meal a day until 5-6 months but my youngest (now 9 months old) absolutely loves his food. He has never been a big drinker, the most he ever had in a bottle until 6 months is 4oz. He still only has 6 oz bottles now. At 4 months he was having 3 'meals' a day and six small bottles.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My 9 month old has decided she doesn't want formula anymore. Can I mix it in her baby food or something?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment