Sunday, December 8, 2013

How likely is it to get pregnant the day after your period ends?

get pregnant methods org on Getting Pregnant Now: Fertility and Pregnancy Resource -Swine Flu ...
get pregnant methods org image



Super


If you are using a condom, and your period just ended how likely is it to get pregnant. I know it is entirely possible, and I am very paranoid. The condom didn't break. Should I be nervous?
Not to mention it was the first time ever.



Answer
I agreee with Tisha and Bri, it is very unlikely.

But if you are really worried and are within the right time frame, you can use emergency contraception (sometimes called the morning after pill, but it can be used up to 5 days (120 hours) after unprotected sex). It's also called Plan B. This is not an abortion. See:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/emergency-contraception-morning-after-pill-4363.asp

If you are 17 or older you can get some kinds of emergency contraception (Plan B) from a drugstore. Or you could go to a doctor or go to a Planned Parenthood clinic for it. (On the Planned Parenthood website, there is a box on the right where you can find a health center near you.)

Condoms are better than nothing, but other methods of birth control are more effective. Talk to a doctor or someone at Planned Parenthood about other methods. For help in choosing a method, see the Planned Parenthood website:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/all-access/my-method-26542.htm

What is the best method for detecting ovulation when you have an irregular cycle?




ladyrayven


I have been ttc for about 5 months, and have tried a few methods... but it's getting a little frustrating since a have a very irregular cycle (no issues, I am ovulating, it's just always been this way).

So for others with crazy cycles... any suggestions for which works best?



Answer
I have very crazy cycles... try 26 days of luteal phase! It's insane and every month I've convinced myself that I'm pregnant lol. I can understand but have to say that so far charting has been the best for me. I never paid attention to when I ovulated and all that before but now that I know it's awesome. I can count my days so it helps to know that there is some constancy in a small way.

If you have not tried temping before with the basal thermometer go to http://www.fertilityfriend.com/
and sign up for their free account and lessons via email. It really helped me let me tell ya.

It also helps to know your ovulation signs so you can have an idea of your luteal phase (time between ovulation and period). It's supposed to be about the same length of time each month even though we ovulate at different times. If you figure that you have X amount of days you have a better idea of when you're actually late for your period.

Here is another great site that explains some common ovulation signs. Once you get to know your body it really can help with those irregular cycles.
http://americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/signsovulation.html

Of course you can go to your doc and see if they will give you a lil something to kick start your cycle and put you on a better schedule. My mother and some of my friends had good luck with that.

Well that's all I got so best of luck and blessings :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How likely is it to get pregnant the day after your period ends?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment