Monday, December 9, 2013

How do I get my baby to take Zantac?

baby zantac making worse on He could also make out the long cylindrical shape of the man's weapon.
baby zantac making worse image



answergrrl


My 11 week old son has reflux, and gags at the very smell of the Zantac syrup. Why on Earth did the pharmaceutical co. make it taste like mint?! Anyhow, it works great when he is able to swallow it, about 1/2 the dosage some of the time, but he screams and I feel so bad... I've tried mixing it with water and using the medicine pacifier... Any thoughts?
Sorry, I forgot to mention I tried the dropper (that came with the medicine) but he gags. Even if I go reaaaaallly slow...



Answer
My daughter was diagnosed with reflux at 6 weeks. She started off on Zantac we tried everything to get her to take it with no luck. She screamed gagged and refused just like your baby. After two weeks I felt so bad for her that I refused to put up with it anymore. I demanded she be put on something else. The doctor put her on Prevacid (berry flavor powder you mix with water). She loved it a drank it very happily from the dropper. Her reflux improved dramatically. She is now 10 months old and has recently successfully come off of Prevacid.

2 month old is spitting up excessively and has diarrhea with every feeding should i be concerned?




Alysha


My 2 month old has been spitting up/ vommiting large amounts after every feeding and also has diarrhea the doctors have tried her on similac senstivr and similiac alimentum and has also tried zantac thinking its reflux but it isn't getting better its getting worse and she stiffens up and just screams after eating we burp her frequently and feed her small amounts Nd its not helping any suggestions?


Answer
yes you should be concerned. Is breastfeeding at all possible? I don't mean to sound pushy but it's something that could help if it's a reaction to the formula. But it sounds like a tummy bug or a flu thing. Have you had anything in the house that's an e-coli or salmonella risk? Babies only have 30% of the immune system an adult has, so what wouldn't hurt an adult or make them sick or have any affect could make a baby sick. Symptoms match food poisoning, but spitting up and diarrhea could be almost anything.

Need to take baby to a hospital before she gets dehydrated. Ask them to run some bloods to work out if she's sick or has an infection or any kind of germ. They probably won't because the treatment for most things is the same once they've worked out it isn't reflux.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get my baby to take Zantac?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment