Monday, December 9, 2013

is there anything I can do at home to help my cat with her asthma ?

baby making coughing noises on best ufc knockouts of 2012 , baby breathing monitor pad , His throat ...
baby making coughing noises image



SM


I don't have the three or four hundred dollars for the tests at the vet.occasionally she has an asthmatic cough and rattle in her lungs. Is there any home remedies that may help her with the coughing ?


Answer
What to Do

Reduce stress. Stress makes allergies and asthma worse. Right about now you're saying to yourself, "Stress? What the heck kind of stress does a cat have?" That's a fair question. They certainly don't have to worry about paying bills or where their next meal is coming from. (Those are your stresses, actually.) They don't have job pressures or deadlines to meet. Heck, they don't even have to think about what they're going to wear every day.

Cats have stress that we like to call "domestication stress" or "family stress." You see, cats weren't originally designed and built to live among humans. They've done a superb job of adapting, but no matter how independent and primal your cat seems, she's still having to deal with the human world and human civilization every single day. And that gets tough. Giving her plenty of options to do cat things such as run, climb, stalk (preferably another cat), bat things around, hide, and nap in secluded spots helps her cope.

If the stress level goes up in your life or in your household, it goes up in your cat's life, too. She can't understand why things are getting tense -- she just knows people are moving and sounding anxious. Remember, "stress" doesn't just mean negative things; positive events carry stress, too. In fact, probably the worst kind of stress for a cat is change.

A new baby, for instance, is not only a time for great joy but also for great change -- and the stresses that go with that. For you, those stresses mean less sleep (or none at all), a change in lifestyle, and an extra mouth to feed. For your cat, it means some strange new animal, who makes odd noises, smells funny, and doesn't do much, suddenly takes all the human attention away from her!

Clear the air. Secondhand smoke isn't the only thing that can make asthma worse. Even things that we think make our home more pleasant can be a no-no for a cat with bronchitis or asthma. Perfumes, room fresheners, deodorizers, and even scented litters or litter additives can trigger allergy and asthma attacks.

Likewise, the fumes from paints, cleaners, varnishes, and new carpeting are actually chemical irritants that create problems for the asthmatic cat. Use natural objects, such as flowers, eucalyptus sprigs, and fresh floral potpourri, to provide a fresh scent to a room instead of sprays or solids that contain chemicals. Use strong-smelling paints, stains, cleaners, and solvents in well-ventilated rooms, and keep the cat out until the smell goes away. And put out those smokes.

It's a good idea to use plain, natural, unscented litter and to stay away from deodorizers you add to the litter. Also the dust from the litter itself irritates the lungs and can cause attacks in asthmatic cats. Some natural litters -- like the ones made of recycled paper -- have virtually no dust at all. To cut down on dust from clay litters, pour them slowly, keeping the opening of the bag just a few inches from the litter box.

Wetter is better. Dry air dries out the lining of your cat's air passages, encouraging coughing and making your cat more vulnerable to infection and allergic reactions. Be sure to have a good humidifier going, especially in winter, during heating season, and in arid areas of the country. There's an added bonus to this remedy: You will also be less likely to have as many coughs, stuffy noses, and colds in the air if your home is kept properly moist.

What are affects of witnessing domestic violence at a young age?




Molly


So when I was really young till the age of about 10 my dad was violent to my mom. Not only did he beat her but he did it right in front of me without even caring. One time he even made me get off of my moms lap so he could hit her and I was really scared of him. There was also another time where I was on my moms lap and her and my dad were sitting on chairs in the kitchen and he was swinging a hammer in his hands and made me get off of her lap to hurt her. I almost called the police on my own father at the age of about 7 but got scared off him and hung up. One time I came home from school and there was blood splattered EVERYWHERE and u found out my dad did something and my mom was coughing and sneezing blood. I've always witnessed my dad abusing her. Police in and out of our house, her counting her bruises before going to the doctors and thinking up an excuse for each one..I've been through it all. Finally we had to escape at night while he was asleep with nothing but a bookbag and slippers. Is there anyway that this can effect who I am or my future? Is it possible that it has changed me? Basically, what are "side effects" of violence like this at a young age? Oh and I'm female and now I'm 16. Some of my problems are trouble in school (short attention span), fear of people, anxiety. Can my past be what caused them?


Answer
Each person is different, I would assume you have PTSD. Use the search answers feature on this site to research that. You can get therapy, I would suggest learning about trauma bonding so you don't go from bad childhood to bad dating to bad marriage yourself. Your subconscious mind will pick up on traits your dad had and you might end up dating an abuser yourself. The fear of people/crowds makes sense since you are searching the crowds for predators. anxiety makes sense too. Yes your past caused them. I am wondering if your school counselor could help you. Look into alateen programs in your area. Their program sucks, but the support you get from other teens is priceless. 1-800-448-3000, Hotline@girlsandboystown.org has trained counselors, sometimes it helps to talk to a stranger. You might transfer fear like you fear your dad so you might transfer that to other men. If you don't feel approval from your dad, you might seek approval from guys you date causing you to date too many guys. You might dump people before they dump you....like when they get too close to you, you dump them before they dump you like that would be linked to your dad abandoning you...you might do that on jobs too. Everyone is different, it is wise that you see that the past is causing you drama. Churches have people who can counsel you for free and they are likely to have actual psychologist who could help you. Some churches have divorcecare.org programs and they have divorcecare4kids programs too so that might help you. Research post traumatic stress disorder. There is a ton of information on the internet and in libraries. Research abnormal psychology there might be clues there too. I am also affected by noise like phones ringing, babies screaming TV things like that. We had to be quiet as kids or we would get beat, so I guess that is the link to noise. I don't watch TV or movies or read books unless they are my recovery books. You feed your mind with anxiety when you watch tv or negative things like that. A tv show might not be my crime, but it is a crime, so it fueled anxiety in me. I am sorry you had a hard life and I am sorry you are hurting, get help now so you don't end up like me. Peace be with you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is there anything I can do at home to help my cat with her asthma ?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment