Sunday, January 19, 2014

what should i be looking for weekly on my pregnant sugar glider to make sure she is healthy?

how to ensure you get pregnant with twins on Pregnancy After Miscarriage - Pregnancy | OHbaby!
how to ensure you get pregnant with twins image



sam


My 1 and a half year old is pregnant sugar glider with twins i believe but i don't know what to be looking for to make sure she and the twins are okay and doing good and are healthy. If anyone can point be to a sight or anything will help. thanks :)


Answer
Usually if a problem arrives it doesn't happen till after the joeys come o.o.p. (out of pouch). While the joeys are in the mothers pouch you just need to make sure she is still eating properly. Increase her protein intake by 10% and increase her calcium intake to make sure she keeps producing milk. To increase calcium and other vitamins i usually start giving my prego gliders vanilla ENSURE (they also consider it a treat and loves it). Just get a needle-less syringe and use that. Don't give them too much to where it fills them up though, otherwise they may not eat their food later. I usually add extra calcium powder to the ENSURE and shake it up before I give it to them. When you handle her do not pick her up but let her walk on you. I say this because it is crucial not to detach the joeys from the nipple they are at and this can be done when picking her up around her belly and such.

Once the joeys are O.O.P. is when potential problems can arise. For one the mother may reject her joeys for numerous reasons (not enough milk, deformities, etc.). If this happens you will need to be prepared and hand raise your joeys which requires your attention night and day. I recommend having a kit with all the things it may take to do this on hand just in case. I have only had rejected joeys once (the mother had 4 joeys which rarely happens, and didn't produce enough milk so rejected 2). Another problem that may arise if the mothers pouch becomes infected. The opening of her pouch will look red and she will keep cleaning it and such. If this happens she will need to go to the vet and get medication. I have never had this happen to any of my mother gliders over the years, but its still something to look out for when you check on the mother and joeys daily.

For the most part everything goes smoothly. You will just need to pay extra attention to your mothers habits. Make sure she is eating enough, getting enough rest, getting enough exercise etc. When the joeys are O.O.P. make sure the joeys aren't left unattended for long periods of times since they can't regulate their own body heat. The father will also help with taking care of them so make sure you don't separate him from the mother and joeys (many people do this bc they think he would cause problems but that is incorrect).

This site has a lot of good info for prego sugar gliders and rejected joeys and such: http://www.suzsugargliders.com/
She also lists what you will need for rejected joeys if you want a kit on hand.

Good Luck!

How can i avoid pregnancy after my childbirth?




ramia_kast


I am now 5 months pregnant and want to avoide being pregnant agian after my childbirth.


Answer
My father also believed the old wives' tale that if you're breastfeeding, you won't conceive. Hence, he finally got a vesectomy - after 9 children were born. Most of us are a year 1/2 apart if you can do the math. Breastfeeding woman CAN conceive!

The only ways to ensure that you will won't get pregnant again, are very basic.

#1 - Abstinence (OK, we all know this is out the window. God Bless America!)

#2 - Birth control - Birth control pill, IUD, Depo shot, etc. I'm not going to state all the methods here, because the only one who can know which one is right for you - is you. And the different ones should be discussed with your doctor.

#3 - Permanent - Tubal Ligation - getting your tubes tied. Or your husband having a vasectomy. However, no good doctor in the country will do this in a reversable procedure. They burn the ends so it's irreversable. As you've only had one child, I strongly suggest against it.

#4 - Condoms. If you're married, these are never fun. If you're sexual active, this should be the only way to go. There's way too many things to get out there nowadays - and women who get pregnant, and only pregnant are the lucky ones! STD's are deadly!

#5 - Spermicide. Personally, I think this is too messy. However, still a choice.

I really think the birth control pill would be the best for you. I've had the depo shot, and had the adverse affect (major bleeding for months), and wouldn't recommend it on anyone. With the pill, you can control when you get your period, not only when you want to get pregnant.

After my first, I swore that I would never want another baby. That was after he was born - a healthy 9 lbs 14 oz. Well, I'm having twins - my 6th & 7th!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what should i be looking for weekly on my pregnant sugar glider to make sure she is healthy?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment