Sunday, January 19, 2014

Does it make a difference if I continue to take prenatal pills after birth or multi vitamins?

baby making extreme on Baby Maker Extreme videos - Giant Bomb
baby making extreme image



Q-Tee


After I had my baby my nails and hair got thin so I'm trying to get it back healthy like it was before and during my pregnancy so I thought I should take prenatals. Who has done this. Is women multi vitamins better?


Answer
There's no reason not to take prenatals - they just have more of certain nutrients-- not anything detrimental to you. By the way, the reason it seems like your nail and hair are weak or thin is more because they were both so robust from pregnancy hormones. Once all that leaves your system, many women experience extreme hair loss (like CLUMPS of hair in the bath drain.) So, you may never achieve the same shiny and strong hair and nails as when you were pregnant - vitamins or not.

How to avoid splayed legs in baby parakeets?




Erin


My mom has two parakeets that decided to mate. They did not have a nest box and the first egg was laid on the plastic bottom of the cage. Once the egg arrived they added a box but she would not use. Now their are 3 babies and 3 more eggs. One baby is a week old, one 5 days and one 2 days. She will not allow any material around them so they are on the bottom of the bare cage. They are able to move around quite well but still concerned with them getting splayed legs. Any advice as to how to prevent it?


Answer
This is a very difficult situation to be stuck in, and budgies don't normally breed when there isn't a suitable place to raise their chicks (such as in a nesting box). As for why the pair decided to breed, I don't have the answers for. I'm guessing that your pair is just inexperienced and have never bred before.
You'll need to take action immediately. The chicks may be doing fine now, but splayed legs often happen when the chicks are older. They'll need better traction in order to move around with ease. Adding nesting material to the bottom of the cage is your best bet. If your hen doesn't like the nesting material, she'll probably only remove the pieces that are surrounding the chicks. It may be too much for her, so she might not even bother with it. Either way, you'll only really need the material there once the chicks are a little older and start exploring their surroundings.

Is there a removable metal grate at the bottom of the cage? I'm guessing that there isn't, but if there is you'll definitely have to remove it. To prevent splayed legs, you'll need to cover the ENTIRE bottom tray with a decent amount of some sort of nesting material. I use natural wood chips in my nesting boxes and in the bottom trays. You can buy a decent sized bag at Tractor Supply for cheap. It'll have to be all natural, unscented (unless naturally scented) and untreated wood.

It'll be better if the mother and her mate know what's going on while you're "renovating" the inside of the cage, so you do not have to remove the them from the cage while setting the nesting material down. You can though, if you prefer. I've done either with my birds, and I haven't had a problem with any of them. I don't know your birds or how they typically react to change or being handled, so you'll have to make the decision there. All I know is that your hen is probably stressed and doesn't know what she's doing in the first place. I'm guessing this is her first time breeding? Too much change can cause her to abandon her babies, but every budgie reacts differently. Like I mentioned, I've actually tried both instances with my breeding pairs. I never had a problem. It just depended on the pair that I was working with at the time.
If you remove the mother and her mate from the cage, I suggest temporarily housing the pair in a separate cage or travel carrier until you've set the nesting material down. Cover the cage or carrier with a towel so the pair doesn't freak out or see what changes you're making.

1.) Before laying down the nesting material, remove the chicks and eggs from the cage. Gently handle each of the eggs with extreme care! They are very delicate. Place the chicks and the eggs together on a towel. Work quickly so you can return the babies and their parents back to the cage.

2.) Spread a decent layer of wood chips to fill the bottom tray entirely.

3.) Gently place the eggs and chicks back in the exact spot you took them from, then return the parents.

4.) Keep an eye on your birds to make sure that the mother returns to her babies and cares for them. If she doesn't, you'll have to try hand-raising the chicks and dispose of the eggs if you can't find a way to properly incubate them. You'll have to separate the male and female to keep her from starting a second clutch ONLY if she abandons her babies.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does it make a difference if I continue to take prenatal pills after birth or multi vitamins?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment