Wednesday, December 25, 2013

I just got my positive TODAY, now what should I do?

tips on getting pregnant mayo clinic on Mayo Clinic medical information and tools for healthy living ...
tips on getting pregnant mayo clinic image



September


I told my husband, but what are good ways to tell family and siblings? When do I go to the doctor? What books should I get?


Answer
I've heard it's bad luck to tell anyone until after the first trimester. Of course this is just superstition and there's no fact behind it, but I didn't find out until I was 9 weeks so I just told my husband and my mom and told everyone else 3 weeks later. The first 12 weeks are the most crucial so take it easy. Nothing too strenuous right now. Really focus on keeping yourself healthy and well hydrated.

I finally told everyone about my pregnancy when I was 12 weeks along. I just told my in-laws they were going to be grandparents again and everyone else I just blurted out "I'm pregnant!"

This is what I would do, make an appointment with your OBGYN ASAP and after they have confirmed it share it with a select few, or everyone if your prefer. I know it's hard keeping it to yourself. Sadly I am a little superstitious, but only because I lost my first baby at 8 weeks and had told everyone! It was a very uncomfortable situation.

I recommend you get "What to get when your Expecting"- a classic; "The Birth Book" by William and Martha Sears- this one will really help you in the last trimester to give you tips on relaxation, and "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy"

I hope you the best of luck and a healthy, perfect, beautiful bundle of joy.

23 weeks and question about massaging heating pad?




Shelia L


I get really bad back pain at work(sitting in my desk) I have a lumbar support pillow but it is not working. I have been looking a t heating pad that massages your back and supports the back to put in my chair. Is this safe when pregnant??


Answer
from the mayo clinic

Try heat, cold or a back rub. Apply heat to your back. Soak in a warm bathtub, or use a hot water bottle or a heating pad. Some women find relief by alternating ice packs with heat. Rubbing your back also may help. Better yet, ask someone to rub your back for you.

other tips for back pain at the link.

You have to be careful about raising your body temp during pregnancy but it's more of an issue early on. You shouldn't use the heating pad constantly but for a few minutes on and off throughout the day, it should be ok.

You can also call your doctor's office to double check and make sure there is nothing about your personal circumstances that would be an issue.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I just got my positive TODAY, now what should I do?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment