Sunday, December 22, 2013

What can a single mom who can't go to a gym do to lose weight?

tips on getting pregnant when your overweight on Ways to Measure Body Fat Percentage
tips on getting pregnant when your overweight image



woot


I was overweight before I got pregnant, and that just made it worse. I want to lose this weight, but I can't afford to pay a babysitter while I hit the gym.

What are some other options? Any creative tips for things I can do at home? Thanks.



Answer
You do not need a gym to get in shape and lose weight if youâre an average woman. I have time and money and several good gyms in my neighborhood but still I donât go there because I donât need to.
Gyms are very good for people who need to be part of a group to motivate them, doing aerobic classes or whatever. Gyms are also good if you need to use their pool because you like to swim and do not live in a neighborhood with a pool. Gyms are good if you want to play sports like basketball so you can meet other people there and play and gyms are good if you are strong and need to use all the weight machines they have available there. And Iâm sure gyms are good for a lot of other reasons (like if you have no clue how to exercise, somebody will help you there) but none apply to me.

I do not need to be motivated by a group, I already have a neighborhood pool, I do not play sports and I do not need weight machines (I use small free weights) and treadmill (I just walk/jog in my neighborhood) so I do not need to go to a gymâ¦beside, I like to do my weight training in my underwear (itâs so hot right now) and I could not do that in a gym!

I think, in your case, you should focus on three things if you want to lose weight:
FIRSTâ¦making sure you eat what you need but not more,
SECONDâ¦burning the fat reserve you donât need and
THIRDâ¦building muscle mass to make your metabolism higherâ¦

FIRST, watch your calories intake and make sure you eat what you need but not more so your body stops making fat reserve.
You could start by getting an idea of the number of calories your body need every day by calculating your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and making sure you never, ever eat less than your BMR, otherwise your body, an extremely marvelous and adaptable system, will just lower your BMR to save you from starvation, thinking you have no access to food, which, for your body, would be the only reason youâre not eating when youâre hungry!
Your BMR is just your weight in kilograms multiply by 7.18 to which you add 795 (a little different formula for guys)
BMR: women: lbs x 0.453 = kilograms x 7.18 + 795
(BMR: men: lbs x 0.453 = kilograms x 10.2 + 879)

Sometimes, you can get overweight because you dieted before and ate less than your BMRâ¦so your body adapted and lowered your BMR and then when you had enough of that low calories diet, you started eating normally again and just got bigger and bigger because of your abnormally low BMR. If you starve yourself enough, you can live, just eating one yogurt a day or a handful of riceâ¦and not even lose weight.
It always breaks my heart to see all those young girls trying to lose weight by just eating less, not realizing theyâre dooming themselves to a lifelong low BMR so they will never, ever be able to eat normally without making fat reserve.
(If you have a low BMR, your only way out of it is to build muscle mass to get a higher metabolism.)

For you, I would suggest you first concentrate on knowing how many calories you need every day. If you have been gaining weight, it is advisable to first maintain your weight for a couple of weeks. Itâs like if youâre driving a car and you want to go backward, you would first stop. Just watch your diet, count your calories and weigh yourself. When you get to a point where you maintain your weight, then you will know your BMR.
For example, I found out a while ago (before I started my exercise regimen) that if I ate about 1,200 calories a day, then I would not gain or lose weight, so this was my BMR at the time, which was 15 calories from the BMR formula above that would have resulted in 1,185 calories for a 120lbs woman like me. Then I started exercising and gained a few pounds of muscles, while getting thinner, so now my BMR is higher, so I can eat even more.

Weigh yourself every day, because you will have fluctuations due to salt intake and water retention, periods, regularity, etcâ¦which you would lose in the next few days, but overall you will see that you are maintaining your weight because your lower weight (every few days) do not go higher. At this point, you need to weigh yourself every day, not once a week, a month or a year. If you weigh yourself every morning (in the morning, after peeing, naked, before breakfastâ¦), then when you gain one or two pounds overnight or over a few days, you know itâs just water retention or other things and you can just ignore it. Weigh yourself every day, do a little chart, and just look at the lower number that will tell you if youâre maintaining your weight or gaining or losing. You just need to weigh yourself to determine your BMRâ¦once you do that, you do not have to weigh yourself anymoreâ¦in fact, you should put the scale aside and rely on a tape measure instead because as you go to the next phase of burning fat reserve and building muscle mass, you will gain weight (a few pounds of muscle mass) while getting thinner.

So, here you are, eating exactly what your body needs, not making fat reserve anymore, stabilizing. Of course, you eat healthy, because at that point, you have to get quality over quantity. You know the drillâ¦fruits and vegetables, lots of fiber, no fried food or fast food, blah, blah, blahâ¦very often, people eat too much because they do not eat satisfying food. If you eat a sweet potatoes, you will not be hungry for a while but if you eat a regular potato, your body will not see any difference between a potato and just plain sugar and you will be hungry again in no time. Also avoid white rice, pasta and bread for the same reasonâ¦not as fulfilling as brown rice, whole wheat pasta and bread. Go online and learn about nutrition so you can end up like meâ¦my dinner plate is so fulfilling that halfway there, Iâm full and put the leftover in the fridge as a snack for later.

How can i get pregnant?




doggie


I have one daughter and shes turning 3 in august and ever since she was 1 we have been trying to have another one whats some tricks or tips on getting pregnant, i am overweight and have high chloestorle does that effect it or what, and everytime after sex i go to the bathroom right away and clean up, will that effect it also. or should i wait
what can i do to get pregnant



Answer
I've always heard that putting a pillow at your hips, while/after sex and waiting there will help the sperm travel lol. so definitely don't go clean up right after. but being overweight and the cholesterol does effect it, but it shouldn't by much. Try eating healthier meals, drinking more water, and light exercise should help. I've also heard taking prenatal vitamins while tcc also helps! give it a little more time and be patient, it happens when you're least expecting it!
GOODLUCK!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What can a single mom who can't go to a gym do to lose weight?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment