Friday, December 27, 2013

Can a healthy diet increase fertility in a average sized person with PCOS?

get pregnant quickly with pcos on Success Story #7: Daphne Silvertsen
get pregnant quickly with pcos image



Panda


I haven't been tested but I believe I may have PCOS. I am not overweight. I am 5'4" 134 pounds so I am average. I have never had a problem with weight my whole life. I have read however that eating a low GI diet may help increase fertility. I have been trying to get pregnant for close to 7 months now with no success. Would eating a low GI diet help me at all since I am not overweight?


Answer
Low Glycemic Index (GI) foods are a good place to start, and here's why:

I'd say, yes, diet can absolutely have a positive affect on PCOS. One of the best recommendations I have it to limit any food that raises blood sugar quickly. This includes refined sugars, flours, grains...this is true b.c. increased blood sugar contributes to insulin resistance and insulin uptake--both factors in PCOS.

To start out on a PCOS friendly diet, try eliminating any white foods (potatoes, breads, flour, sugar) and turn toward complex carbohydrates (fruits, veggies) proteins and omega-3 high fats (such as salmon and grass-fed animal products) if you consume meat. You can also buy omega-3 rich eggs.

You can test your BMI here--which admittedly is not the most accurate device, since it overlooks muscle mass relative to height, but it gives you an idea of where you are, approximately.
Here's a link to a free BMI calculator: http://www.yuuvuu.com/bmi

Otherwise, you can add certain sugar-regulating herbs into your diet (cinnamon, gymnema sylvestrae, bitter melon, etc.) into you diet.

Keep in mind PCOS is a potential harbinger of future health problems, such as elevated cholesterol, fatty acid imbalanced, thyroid problems, diabetes and other issues that are good to nip in the bud now.

For more on PCOS and fertility, you can see the quoted source below.

Best of luck in your pregnancy pursuit!

-John

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and I am afraid one day I wont be able to get pregnant naturally?




128333


I haven't gotten my perios since last July. I literally never get it. My doctor says I have polycistic ovarian syndrome. I am only 18 years old, but in a few years I want to get married and have children (after college). How will I be able to get pregnant! Every person that I've known who has had that has had to seek fertility treatment to get pregnant! Im worried!!!! Is there any way to cure it!?


Answer
Unfortunatley you may well have to rely on stimulation of your ovaries with Clomid (many women rely on this and it is very successfull). Your doctor may also discuss a drug called Metformin with you. So we're not talking major fertility treatment like IVF or any other procedures, just tablets or injections. Of course go ahead and try naturally, that might work too. Usually with PCOS cases, unlike unexplained infertility, they can tell very quickly with some blood tests that you are not ovlating, and you will be given treatment, they wont make you try naturally for a year before they investigate, as they already know what the problem is. Dont worry, PCOS doesnt mean you cant have children.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can a healthy diet increase fertility in a average sized person with PCOS?
Rating: 95% based on 95 ratings. 4.8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks To Visiting My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment